Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally losing patience with Internet Explorer

Options
  • 07-07-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

After having my homepage and bookmarks changed again for the 2nd time by a known exploit in IE which has not been patched yet (has been patched in XP sp2 beta), and numerous other security issues with IE, I have decided to give Mozilla Firefox a try.

And I have to say Im very impressed, I really like the tabs in it and its faster then IE, very user friendly also.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=35&vid=145

Anyone tried this ? - 22KB !

IE View 0.8 (beta)
    By Paul Roub
    Adds "View page in Internet Explorer" links to the content and link context menu. Handy for previewing pages in IE, loading up IE-only pages when you run across them in Mozilla, etc.

This should let firefox open a IE window inside a tab, and set certin sites to always open with the IE tab. also make sure that it switches back to a normal tab when going to a non "IE set" page. This would be great if it would work now, or when a future version of firefox comes out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

brilliant thanks , exactly what i needed

Advertisement