Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on Ripwave yet?

• 07-07-2004 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is on Ripwave by IBB yet and, if so, what their experiences are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Tazz T
    Just wondering if anyone is on Ripwave by IBB yet and, if so, what their experiences are?
    I've been on Ripwave since October of last year. I've been told that I can expect to be upgraded to the new 3.5GHz gear real soon now. If it isn't a significant improvement over what I've got today, I'll be getting rid of it, post haste.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 skinner75

I have it for about 3 months now. If you want it for online gaming then forget about it, as it is pretty terrible (ping times in Day of Defeat worse than my mate who is using a 56k modem). If you just want it for downloading, then it is ok I suppose.
    Good thing is the flat rate of €30, and no limit on how much you can download.

I just sent off a form yesterday to IBB requesting an upgrade to Breeze Home. I talked to them on the phone & they said that installation would only be the difference between what I paid for the Ripwave install & the cost of the Breeze install (€30) - which is nice, as €150 installation fee on top of €120 three months ago would've sucked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Are IBB upgrading their Breeze stuff as well or just Ripwave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

skinner75: You have the old ripwave, i think the post was about the new ripwave gear. Not sure if they're will be much difference in ping times though between the two kinds. There is no way i'm giving up my VL equipment for ripwave gear unless it can give equal pings.

Advertisement