Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercing by an apprentice

Options
  • 07-07-2004 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

i noticed today a sign in a reputable piercer's shop in dublin advertising for models to be pierced by trainees for a reduced price. i've been considering a piercing and i was wondering if anyone here has had any experience being pierced by a trainee - it would be a lot cheaper for me now, but if it's going to go horribly wrong and cause hassle and expensive medical bills in the long run i don't want to risk it.
    any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's not going to go wrong, they're supervised by an experiences piercer while they're piercing you, and it'll take a good bit longer than getting pierced by a professional, as the person who's teaching them will be advising them on placement etc etc.

What shop was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

it was body shock, where i've been pierced before, and i've been very happy with the results, as has anyone else i know who's been pierced there, so i know they're professional and reputable, i was just a little concerned that someone inexperienced might make a mess of it! you often hear horror stories about piercings gone awry, especially cartiledge piercing. well, i'm reassured now! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Just might drop in there at the weekend to get a piercing or two, do you know how much of a reduction it is?

Originally posted by I am MAN
    Just might drop in there at the weekend to get a piercing or two, do you know how much of a reduction it is?

Normally you just pay for the jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

are trainees allowed just to pierce usual piercing like eyebrow, lip and general stuff like that... or does it depend on what stage of training they're at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i asked in body shock about the reduced rates, and its only on earpeircings

Originally posted by ThenComesDudley
    i asked in body shock about the reduced rates, and its only on earpeircings

That sucks! I know piercers in a few shops in Ireland and in Canada and they all just charged for jewellery when they were apprenticing. I mean...trainee hairdressers cut peoples hair for free, and piercing isn't so different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

well ****ing up a piercing is slightly different to ****ing up a haircut :p

Originally posted by Seraphina
    well ****ing up a piercing is slightly different to ****ing up a haircut :p

You're missing my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i mean the apprentice is only doing ear piercings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Are they just doing standard lobe piercings or cartalige (sp?) as well? Or am I way too late to even bother posting?

Advertisement