Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stinking Germans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I didn't do either... But as I'm not German, it doesn't count... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I shower every morning.... except today, I couldn't get out of bed and barely made it to work 15 minutes late. I did change my socks though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I hate the feeling that I might be dirty, so I could have 2/3 showers a day & definately change the oul jocks, socks & shirt every morning ... obsessive compulsive moi? never :D

The thought of not showering everyday repulses me & don't even get me started on not changing the boxers et al!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

" Only dirty people wash " :p

Personally, I believe that these days there is far too much emphasis on personal hygiene, and household cleanliness. Due more than likely to cleaning product manufacturers brainwashing the general public through never ending advertising designed to make you believe that "everything" must be sparklingly spotless, which is a load of codswallop.

How are children supposed to develop normal immune systems resistant to germs ?.. if they are never exposed to them.

A bit of dirt never hurt anyone, and is part of nature. While cleanliness is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Still getting used to this "Indoor Plumbing" lark eh paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

yeah, what Paddy said. I don't change my shirt/t-shirt every day, because in fairness if you're not doing manual labour, how dirty can you get in one day? Sitting on your ass, pushing buttons or typing on a forum :D ain't exactly going to make you break a sweat.
    As for everything needing to be spotless, ala Jif/Cif/Fairy ads, I noticed at the weekend that the draining board thing you put the washed dishes/cuttlery on (don't know actual name if it has one) is getting a bit dirty. It's been there for 5 years and I wouldn't say it's ever been cleaned. Nor has our microwave, which I cleaned for the first time a few weeks ago, and don't even start on the oven :eek:
    But it's never done us any harm. I don't believe a word those "Safe Food" guys say. If you get food poisoning at my BBQ then you need to develop a better immune system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Asok,

Yep, I am still getting used to " This indoor plumbing lark ". I well remember when we had running water out of a tap and a toilet installed when I was a boy.

It was fascinating, just fascinating, and no more buckets of water to carry about 12 times a day from the water pump at the bottom of our street, or visiting the sweet smelling bog in a small hut at the bottom of the garden.

Since then I have made one very useful discovery, which stops the need to waste good money on all those harmful environmentally damaging chemical cleaning products. The power of steam.

Yes, I have a large steam cleaner, made by Electrolux. It cleans 'everything' without using chemicals, even dustmites in the bed, which I must admit - do get up my nose :D

Advertisement