Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem supplied with esat business broadband

• 07-07-2004 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting esat business broadband and setting it up on a wireless network at home, and im just wondering what sort of modem do esat supply with the service. As im guessing there's no way they'll give me a wireless modem/router im just wondering if it is worth my while using the modem supplied with a wireless router, or just putting the modem aside and buying a wireless modem/router and using that instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You guess correctly I'd imagine, as I'd doubt they'd be willing to up the spec of the equipment they give out with the connection.

it's an ericsson modem which I was supplied with, and it seems to do the job perfectly well. I have it hooked up to a Netgear WGT624 router, my main comp wired to it as it's right beside where I got them to install the modem, and other machines on wireless.

IMO there is no point buying a router with the modem built in when the above works fine, as you'll pay x amount of money extra for it, and then have the supplied modem sitting around doing nothing when you've paid for it as well. The set-up would be slightly neater I guess, but otherwise very little advantage as far as I can see.

Advertisement