Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close This Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Will they score 100%? That entirely depends on how much money and freebies the publishers heap on the magazines, really.

Percentages are rubbish, anyway.

And for what it's worth, (probably very little, given my complete and utter disdain for the modern PC FPS), Idon't think either game will live up to their hype, and HL2 is in danger of disappointing big-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

if they STEAM it it'll be the death knell.

I'm looking forward to Doom3, it has the feeling of being a far more one-on-one slower-paced game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

With Doom 3 I'm just hoping it will be a good single player experience considering it's brought to you by the man who couldn't give diddly about sinlge player gaming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just wrote a huge rant but Boards.ie ate it.

These two games imo will probably not deserve 100% ratings. No games do. The fps genre has been stagnant in terms of new ideas on the PC. These games will be at most great run of the mill first person shooters but nothing more. They will offer nothing new except amybe graphically. Metroid PRime showed what could be done with a fps and that it didn't have to follow the path of other fps games. However it has been ignored by most designers. Metroid Prime 2 will be a better game (and probably Halo 2 as well but I won't go into that).

Are any of you PC heads not sick of fps games. I'm getting a little tired of them.

[edit] PCGamer has been a **** factory for the last few years. i wouldn't believe any of their reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

you rant a lot , having issues at home? PI board there if you need it. We can all share your problem and hug.

:p

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My jobs boring and my PS2 is broken. I won't be able to take it if I lose one more console.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Percentages are rubbish, anyway.

To make it fair, I’ve added that to the poll – in addition I estimated how many other people agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Close This Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

no offence monument... but this is a valid thread and poll. changing the title and poll results was a fairly childish thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How'd it get so many votes in less than 24hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It didnt the mod eddited the poll.

Close This Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Consider the new poll options.

User45701, shut the fuck up. If you don't like this thread anymore then don't read it. Don't start demanding it be closed.

As for mods messing with polls, well that won't be happening again either, unless the following criteria are met:

1. It's funny.
    2. The creater of the poll is a moron.
    3. If virgo is in aquarius.

If anyone finds this unacceptable then I suggest they post polls elsewhere.

I'm closing this now because it's now off-topic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by tman
    no offence monument... but this is a valid thread and poll. changing the title and poll results was a fairly childish thing to do.

No offence taken. By the way, I only added another answer, and added the edge to it.

In retrospect, it was childish, and I was acting like a muppet by giving the extra answer such an unfair advantage.

Taken how insecure and unrepresentative polls on boards are I’m more then surprised how people take them so seriously - so, direct all hate mail, and death threats to monument@gamestoaster.com .

Regards,

Muppetment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement