Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirroring folder from network to laptop

Options
  • 08-07-2004 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of mirroring a network folder onto a Laptop ??

All my stuff in work gets written directly to a network drive & backed up overnight - that suits me fine when I'm in work, but when I'm out fo the office - I'd like to have the info on my laptop.

RAS dial in is not an option, nor is writing solely to my laptop as i need the stuff backed up in work

any thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

just use offline folders

map a drive to the server

then right click the folder and click make available off line this way you can edit the files at home and they will be updated the next time you log on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Briefcase etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Doh - thanks got it....

I had been looking for the ofline folders option but couldn't find it - guessed they'd killed it under XP Pro - just realised it doesn't work with fast switching enabled..

All is well again !

Thanks

Andi

Advertisement