Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battle Royale II

• 08-07-2004 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Does anyone know the story regarding this skoolkids killing skoolkids fest and its showing in ireland. i have read the release date is july 9th but then read in the irish times that its getting the chop from cinema release to straight to video! I know its avaliable in region 1 or 4 dvd but i would like to see it in the cinema....
    any information is greatly apprechiated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

its availible on DVD, and its a terrible mess of a movie, the director of BR1 died so he did not have anything to do with the sequel, as a result number 2 is awful, which is a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

it sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Was it not showing in the UGC in parnell sq as part of their independant movie fest a couple of months ago.

They've still got the poster up for it anyway, was sittin under it the other day waitin for the chick to show up to see a movie, but thats another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Silly, silly film. If you enjoyed the first one, don't bother going to see this, it is a confused mess and a waste of time. There are way too many problems with this film to list, but the most glaring is the enormous cast of characters who, by the end of the film, you don't really care if they live or die....they're really that wooden.

I laughed when the teacher chucked the rugby ball at the ground at the start and shouted "Merry Chlistmas!!!", but it was very much downhill from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

It did get a few screenings at the Jameson film festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

the teacher is fugging hilarious. 2 scenes - the rugby happy christmas one and that bit where he's just sitting there with a crazy crazy head on him munching fistfulls of pills - classic.

Nowhere near as good as the first.

Bit of a daft idea. (loved the 1st though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

so the general feeling is a NO then....awww damn!! what other weird film do i have to look forward to?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Twistedlilkitty
    awww damn!! what other weird film do i have to look forward to?
    Gozu is coming to UGC (saw the trailer before Bad Education) and looks bloody weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wrecked

is it just basically the big cinemas doing the screening
    cos i really want to see it even more since i got a bootleg over the internet and the dvd didnt even work, big f@#kin bi~ch

love the first one, does any of you guys know where you can buy the merchendise
    you can see it on the actual website for the movie but it only tells you about the ginza shopping district tokyo not much use if your only lookin the lighter

• Advertisement
Advertisement