Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get around password?

Options
  • 08-07-2004 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭

anyone know how to get around the password with password protected pst files?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

ah just got it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Did you find a way around it or did you just remember the password?! Would be interested to know how to do it myself...

Duke

there's plenty of legit programs that do this but you have to pay for most of them. Goggle for 'crack password pst'. I was trying 4 or 5 of them when the user remembered the password

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by ando
    there's plenty of legit programs that do this but you have to pay for most of them. Goggle for 'crack password pst'. I was trying 4 or 5 of them when the user remembered the password

talk to me if your stuck again. Why pay for something if you can get it for free ;)

:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by ando
    Ah the leap of faith when submiting your credit card number to Russian web sites..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Ah the leap of faith when submiting your credit card number to Russian web sites..

Why use your credit card.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Use the credit card numbers harvested from your dodgy russian site. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

The command prompt version of scanpst (or was it scanost?) would remove PST passwords as a side-effect of a repair attempt. I don't have it on my machine, but you should be able to download it from the M$ site or Google for it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    The command prompt version of scanpst (or was it scanost?) would remove PST passwords as a side-effect of a repair attempt. I don't have it on my machine, but you should be able to download it from the M$ site or Google for it...
    Never got that to work - must either work on very old PST's Outlook95 or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

It's an old program - probably been around since the days of Office 95 like you said - but it works on PSTs created in Outlook 2000. I used to use it at work all the time before they shelled out for Ontrack EasyRecovery.

Advertisement