Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dutch Transfers??

• 08-07-2004 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Seems to me that both Patrick Kluivert and Edgar Davids are taking the p**s at the moment! both r being linked with about 5 differnet clubs!! are they just doing this to jack up there wages??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

sounds like they are doin a rivaldo alrite
    both will probably follow him down to Quatar for a big payday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Quatar?? wat is the story there? they just open up a new league and some mad Russians r out there spending millions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

It seems the entire Dutch contingent at Barcelona are to be offloaded. Davids, Cocu, Kluivert, Reizeger and Overmars. Considering that many of these guys are leaving on frees, I don't see how Barca can replace them since they're already struggling with debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Deco, Giuly, Juliano Belletti and Henrik Larsson have already been brought in!

Oh yeah Utd's old target Ricardo Quaresma has gone in oposite way as part of Deco transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Quatar?? wat is the story there?

not exactly too sure about it but as far as i know
    the players sign for what would be the Quatar equivilant of the FA and they then tell them what club to play with
    ( i could be wrong but i think i remember reading this somewhere recently)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ricardo Quaresma is a legend, hes gona be a great player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Sky Sports News said Inter Milan were are going to make an announcement about Davids in the next few days. So maybe he is going there. Patrick Kluivert seems to be in talks with Newcastle, Middlesboro, Quatar so i had no ideas where he is going.
    Also Hassibank is also reportedly in talks with Boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Boro would be a good move for Hasselbaink, they are in Europe, and he could do well there.

I would have thought Barca would have wanted to keep Davids, he was their messiah last season, their surge in the second half of the season was driven 90% by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Quatar?? wat is the story there? they just open up a new league and some mad Russians r out there spending millions?

u do know that despite Quater having only 800,000 people its loaded with oil , they dont need no Russian Billionaire , and im sure Mr.Blatter is giving a hand to his rich and bribing Quati friend to bring players there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    It seems the entire Dutch contingent at Barcelona are to be offloaded. Davids, Cocu, Kluivert, Reizeger and Overmars. Considering that many of these guys are leaving on frees, I don't see how Barca can replace them since they're already struggling with debt.

Remember that 50 million that was made available for transfers last year .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Bateman
    I would have thought Barca would have wanted to keep Davids, he was their messiah last season, their surge in the second half of the season was driven 90% by him.
    They offered him a deal but he refused.

Advertisement