Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIS missing?

Options
  • 08-07-2004 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm on Win2k Pro using it as a local dev system. I cant get into the IIS console. I get a message saying

Error connecting to green:

The System Cannot find the path specified

Do you wish to continue to attempt to connect to it in future?

So I click action and click connect and put "Green" in again. Still cant find the path.

The machine is called Green. Anyone have any advice? If I type the local address into a browser the page loads up but only HTML pages (.Net, CFM & PHP all installed)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Do you have DNS setup correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Try connecting to localhost or 127.0.0.1 instead of green?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Its running off this machine. I use it as a local dev comp so not too sure if DNS has to be set up correctly. I've not changed any DNS settings that would be on windows.

If I type the address in the browser it loads. But if I try to get into the admin panel it cant find the desired location.

The computer name hasnt changed (I've checked!). I've tryed localhost, 127.0.0.1, green, the actual ip of the comp everything. Nothing works!

Advertisement