Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst Car Design Thread!

Options
  • 08-07-2004 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Post them here, your entry in the

Design Hall of Shame

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

pacer.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

"I dream of a car......"

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hey Mike,

Isn't that an AMC Gremlin?

..Or am i being stupid?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

You can't put the "merth mobile" in the hall of shame! :D

BM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Look, I'm sorry ok? I know that this is going to be unpopular; I know that as a mode of transport they're supposed to be very good; I know that the *koff* people on Motornet think they're just the best thing since sliced bread. But I hate the Multipla. A lot.

I mean, jesus, look at it. It's an effing monstrosity!

fiat_multipla.jpg

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

some alloys and droped, it would look the dogs

...and just to prove how contrary I can be, I like the Multipla! :D

Mike.

Originally posted by ando
    some alloys and droped, it would look the dogs
    You asked for it! :)

http://www.tuninglove.com/disegni/giugno_03/bogich/multipla%20new.jpg

(C'mon Mike, admit it, you're just starting populist threads now to boost your mod campaign, aren't you? :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I can't stop myself from laughing at Multipla drivers, it looks eerily like The Homer and that scares me.

Cars are like boyfriends/girlfriends. It's not all about what's on the inside. He/she/it has to look half-way decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The Hyundai Santa Fe soft roader has to be the ugliest thing since the Ford Scorpio (thankfully dead and not coming back). Did Hyundai do like on Fight Club and steal all the goo from the back of a hospital and use it to make the prototypes?

As for the Multipla, Fiat sold so few of them , they have redesigned the snout on the '04 car so it doesn't look like a confused hippo anymore.

'ceptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by dahamsta
    You asked for it! :)

http://www.tuninglove.com/disegni/giugno_03/bogich/multipla%20new.jpg

(C'mon Mike, admit it, you're just starting populist threads now to boost your mod campaign, aren't you? :))

Thats some pimped out Multipla :D

I could make a list a mile long of american motors...

Oh, where to start?

Puntos with bodykits or silly colours:
    punto_silly.jpg

Ford Scorpio:
    ford%20scorpio%20cosworth%2024v%20-97.jpg

Ford Ka:
    ka-test-21ab.jpg

Austin Allegro:
    allegro.jpg

PT Cruiser:
    ptcruiser2.jpg

New Micra:
    nissmicranose.jpg

Porsche Cayenne: (Money knows no beauty...)
    cayenne.jpg

But the number 1 ugly car award goes to:

THE HONDA INSIGHT! God damn, that is hideous.

8968007a.jpg

I cant decide if this is one of the worst or one of the best...

ph19r5.jpg

Vrooooom! :ninja:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

I think the Lagonda is a pretty cool looking car - the Scorpio is gorgeous (not so great in white). I have to say this as I drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

FIAT Brava

...and most volkswagons.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Look, I'm sorry ok? I know that this is going to be unpopular; I know that as a mode of transport they're supposed to be very good; I know that the *koff* people on Motornet think they're just the best thing since sliced bread. But I hate the Multipla. A lot.

I mean, jesus, look at it. It's an effing monstrosity!

adam

ROFFLE :D:D

I couldnt' agree more, they're hideous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

Hard to vote between all the latest cars. 95% of them all look pretty much the same:- Plain ugly. :(

I forgot the Renault Vel Satis. What were the designers smoking?

vel-satis04.jpg

And the Proton. (Although the design was Mitsubishi's). F*cking evil little piece of sh*t.

f_iswara.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

I've always thought the Audi A2 looks a lot like a rat and the Ford Ka looks like its wearing a nappy.

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    Puntos with bodykits or silly colours
    I wouldn't be bothered qualifying it meself, just leave it at "puntos". But to be fair, they're not really badly designed, they're just common. You know, like Fiestas. :)

I think we should stick with bad design. If we go with mods, I could just take my camera out and walk around the city for half an hour. (I'm not kidding. I passed one of those lovely Peugeot hardtops earlier today, with a nice respectable bodykit and surprisingly well-chosen alloys. Then I noticed the "with-it" stickers and the horrendous lexus lights. So near, and yet so far. :))

Ford Scorpio

The world wasn't ready for them 10 years ago, but I'm afraid I like them now. I'm glad I didn't buy one though, they're a lot commoner than I thought!

Ford Ka

I have to confess to liking these too, although only the top of the line ones. Don't you think they're dinky when they're all kitted out? :)

Austin Allegro

Absolutely. Especially if they're beige. A friend of mine had to drive around in a dark green one of these with a go-faster aerial about the size of the ones you see on tanks -- you know the ones that have to be tied down at the back? I kid you not.

PT Cruiser

Uh-oh. I like these too. I dunno, they're "kustomy".

New Micra

Any Micra.

Porsche Cayenne

Don't like Porsches in general, but that isn't bad looking. It's obscenely expensive mind, but that's not what we're talking about here...

THE HONDA INSIGHT! God damn, that is hideous.

Christ, it is. It's like they took a Civic (a resoundingly shít car, if you don't mind me saying so) and a Citroen, and /rammed/ them together. Badly.

But what do I know? I think Anglias and Volvo 240's are totally cool.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

What...... The ........ f*** ......

peugeot_290803_407elixir_02.jpg

I seen the 407 for the first time today on the road, I nearly got sick. It reminds me of those large whale like animals that leave their mouths open for minutes at a time to feed on the smaller fish in the sea

Feeding_Whale_Shark_4.jpg

Can't forget this sexy beast:

megane03.jpg

The Renault designers need to be admitted to a mental house for destroying the megane, twas a nice car before this yoke appeared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by ando

The Renault designers need to be admitted to a mental house for destroying the megane, twas a nice car before this yoke appeared

The saloon version is nice, the sport saloon. It has similar spec to the current laguna when it first came out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Opel Corsa / Vauxhall Kadette - old version
    The distributor was low down on the front of the engine - bloody thing could smell puddles and conk out...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That Scorpio is ugly, the Multipla is so ugly it's ok again

And the AMC Pacer was always horrible

Liked the Lagonda way back then but looks dated now and doesn't do anything for me now...

I've always hated the Renault 12 and the Dacia clone is even worse...

Clip0005.jpg

I have to say I kinda like the late Renaults. They remind me a little of the Citroen DS, a car which I would genuinely give up a testicle for.

[EDIT: BTW, is it just me or is that Dacia yoke the spit off a Saab 99? And while I'm on the subject, what is it with Saab and the number 9?]

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BTW, is it just me or is that Dacia yoke the spit off a Saab 99

That's an awful insult to Saab but I hate to have to admit that I can see where you're coming from. Should have used another Renault / Dacia picture I suppose...
    I have to say I kinda like the late Renaults. They remind me a little of the Citroen DS, a car which I would genuinely give up a testicle for

Which late Renaults? I sure hope there isn't another insult coming up. The late Renaults that are RIP like the 12 (thank heavens) or modern ones?

The DS would get my number 1 vote in the car of the 20th century poll. I don't know why there are so few around in this country :dunno:

But if you're driving on the continent, you're odds on to see one every day - especially in Holland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Ruatha

Most Korean efforts deserve to be here, but especially the Hyundai coupe......

Originally posted by unkel
    The DS would get my number 1 vote in the car of the 20th century poll. I don't know why there are so few around in this country

Cos they'll have rusted to bits or otherwise died of neglect. People in Ireland don't know the value (monetary or otherwise) of old cars. I was doing a job a few years back for a farmer in Tipp who had a beautiful LHD Opel GT decomposing in a haybarn. He said it had been there for 6 or 7 years. Covered in cow**** and silage. It's probably still there... :(

This is an Opel GT in case you were wondering:
    71gtja.jpg

On the Citroen ID/DS, there are a few fine examples in the Waterford area including one which was pressed into action by local city council canditate Oli Dempsey (his rather lovely daughters acted as moped outriders!) but as he's a classic car collecting, handlebar moustache wearing architect he can get away with that sort of thing!

Mike.

ps he did'nt win a seat.

Something our american friends in Arizona etc still bounce around in

buick-riviera-1965a.jpg

Sometimes living in a rust free environment is'nt such a good thing :)

Spot the headlights (or the good taste!)

PlymouthCarShow2001_v2.jpg

Mike.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by unkel
    That's an awful insult to Saab
    No offense to Saab was intended or implied. :)
    Which late Renaults?
    The Vel Satis and Megane, with the raunchy rears.
    I don't know why there are so few around in this country
    As ChipZilla says, cos they fell apart. Neglect on one side, scrappage scheme on the other, both conspiring to kill thousands of cool cars. There's one around the corner from me here, it leers at me every time I pass it -- "you don't own me, you don't own me". Is it weird to whisper "I'd prefer a black one anyway" every time you pass a white DS? :)

Mike, I'm afraid I love those big old american heaps. Little bit of hydraulic work and you could have a whale of a time. Pardon the pun.

adam

Advertisement