Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn rental

• 08-07-2004 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,571 ✭✭✭✭

i emailed esat about isdn rental they told me that they will be in postion to offer line rental to their customers, including isdn lines from september

i was thrilled to hear this but when i rang them about it i heard bad news {cant win can ya]

i heard it will cost the same as eircom rental 37 euro but they told me i might come down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

of course it cost the same they are only reselling eircoms service and eircom have set the wholesale rate very high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Eircom,

have to provide the wholesale line rental at a discount to the end user rate otherwise there would be no incentive for competition in the market. Comreg are currently deliberating on this (before we head of to the Four courts no doubt).

The decision for Esat, UTV and the others is how much of this discount they wish to share with customers in order to attract them away from Eircom.

It would make little sense for them to charge the same as Eircom and then expect customers to transfer......

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    The decision for Esat, UTV and the others is how much of this discount they wish to share with customers in order to attract them away from Eircom.
    The discount isn't there to "share" - it's there to pay for the additional administrative overhead of handling these lines - adding your number to directory services, dealing with services and repairs (1901 won't take your call if you're not with eircom, etc), bad debts, etc.
    It would make little sense for them to charge the same as Eircom and then expect customers to transfer.
    Hardly - even wthout a discount on line rental, the main advantage of this change will be "single billing", as it means that a CPS customer won't be getting a letter from eircom every couple of weeks urging them to switch back to eircom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    [B
    It would make little sense for them to charge the same as Eircom and then expect customers to transfer......

M. [/B]

I disagree, I changed the line rental over so as to have one bill, rental charge remains the same. Transfer was not without pain though, lost call answering for a week and anyone who phoned me got their own Eircom voicemail.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement