Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My moment of Happyness!!

Options
  • 08-07-2004 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

You see i was just playing GTA:VC (ps2) for the first time in just over a year and half (i know this as my last save was 20 jan 2003!!) The reason for my happiness was also the reason for my year long absence from the game. I was really getting into the game (when it first came out) and going through it grand but things turned sour when i bought the malibu club and in particular a mission called "The Driver" which entailed racing this guy around vice city thru checkpoints while having 2 stars. I tried at least a hundred times to complete this but never had any luck. So that left me unable to get 100% so i let it go and tried a different game...

Then just a few minutes ago while i waited for a cd to burn, i decided for sum reason to pop vice city into the machine and tried the race again. Now i know ure expecting me to say i won it easily but no... the dumb cops pushed me into the river! But as they say try, try and try again which i did and hey presto i finally did it (and it only took me 2m10s to complete race :))

Thats my moment of happyness in a game so why dont you tell me yours :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

My moment of happiness albeit it after many many hours of anger was completing the licences in Gran Turismo 3.... dam the last licence was hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I just got 100% on Tiger woods 2004, took my bloody ages but ive finally finished it. All the real time events to. (god the amount of times ive had set that bloody xbox date and time)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Completing Metroid Prime after having everyone slag me for so long about not having completed it! Also completing Wind Waker in the early hours of Christmas morning last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by n1ck
    My moment of happiness albeit it after many many hours of anger was completing the licences in Gran Turismo 3.... dam the last licence was hard.

I never did manage to get that S Licence, rock hard.

As for Vice City, well I've started all over again to get 100% without using any cheats. It's a slow process, but before I even start the missions I want to have all the packages, done all the rampages, as many unique jumps as possible (I think there's two you can't do until a certain stage), all the pizza, taxi, vigilante, fire, paramedic missions done, all those little side missions with the radio controlled vehichles and stuff. Then when all that crap is out of the way, I'll focus on the missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I never did manage to get that S Licence, rock hard.

I've deleted the save. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Far Cry - finishing the "Boat" level (thanks to the advice of a forum member:) )
    i'm now stuck at the start of the "Dam" level:rolleyes:

Finishing Metroid Prime - Samus is so purdy:)

Beating Crocomire for the first time in Super Metroid - i was shaking so badly from nerves when i actually beat him... didn't expect what was going to come next:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by tman
    Far Cry - finishing the "Boat" level (thanks to the advice of a forum member:) )
    i'm now stuck at the start of the "Dam" level:rolleyes:

Finishing Metroid Prime - Samus is so purdy:)

Beating Crocomire for the first time in Super Metroid - i was shaking so badly from nerves when i actually beat him... didn't expect what was going to come next:)

Mind pm'ing me a link to that?
    I've nearly killed him many a time, but in the race to do it before the ship sinks, I rush taking shots, run out of missiles and get hit by his bullets too many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Mind pm'ing me a link to that?
    I've nearly killed him many a time, but in the race to do it before the ship sinks, I rush taking shots, run out of missiles and get hit by his bullets too many times.

SPOILER

jump off the boat , swim to land and take him out while hiding behind a tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Golden Eye

Managing to finish control on 00 agent

then finishing aztec on 00 agent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

To L5

ya could have used the spoiler code instead or just pm'd him the info.

[spioler]what ya want put in[/spioler] (spellin spoiler right of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

when i got all cheats on goldeneye back in the day when i could be arsed playing games fully through. It took a long while to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ive no moments off hapiness, i`m a crap gamer, i just get happy seeing Need for speed underground

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

2 nil down to a friend at half time in Pro Evo 3 , with just over 2 minutes to go (real time ) of a ten minute game , I scored 6 goals , with my friend nearly in tears as to how I could break down his defence so easy after I had posed very little treath(hit the post once and a couple of off target shots ) for ruffly 73 minutes (in game time )

me was quite pleased with myself indeed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

That race in ViceCity took me ages aswell, I finaly figured out that if you drive carefully at the start and just don't crash, even slow down if you need to... you'll catch him towards the end if you can just keep up.
    Although a decent car would help matters... did anyone else try jumping out of the car to find something faster? :)

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Although a decent car would help matters... did anyone else try jumping out of the car to find something faster? :)
    yup, i managed to complete it in the stock car and the stinger:)

just park your chosen car at the palm trees across the road from the police station. (think it helps the car stay in the games memory if you leave the door open)
    think i might have completed it with a pcj600 as well:)

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    when i got all cheats on goldeneye back in the day when i could be arsed playing games fully through. It took a long while to do.

even the invincibility cheat :O

i could never get that one cuz it was random whether or not the doctor would be in the right place on facility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by tman
    just park your chosen car at the palm trees across the road from the police station. (think it helps the car stay in the games memory if you leave the door open)
    Gah, I tried to leave cars sitting around but they always got cleared, pitty I didn't know about that leaving-the-door-open trick back when I was playing it.

If you could use any car where would the challenge be though?
    The Stallion is crap, so it's all the more satisfying when you beat him in his Sabre Turbo.

On an off topic note,
    I had the exact opposite of a moment of happiness last night. Playing Vice City level 12 of paramedic mission, 6 patients dropped off, number 7 in the ambulance, going to collect number 8, the stupid twat runs into the side of the ambulance and dies. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

On an off topic note,
    I had the exact opposite of a moment of happiness last night. Playing Vice City level 12 of paramedic mission, 6 patients dropped off, number 7 in the ambulance, going to collect number 8, the stupid twat runs into the side of the ambulance and dies. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
    same thing happened to me at level 11 on my first attempt.
    fortunately i managed it the second time and backed up the savegame (all pizza boy, taxi, firefighter, paramedic & vigelante missions done before anything else :))

Had it not happened, all I'd have left would be vigilante and fire missions.
    It's crap the way you're not given
    the hunter/apache
    whatever it's called, after 100 packages, if you haven't reached the second island mission wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

My moment of Happyness would have to be beating Xaero on nightmare in Quake3

took me over 50 tries and i was reduced to nearly smashing my comp with rage and im surprised my keyboard is still in one piece

Btw how do you get the invincibility cheat in Goldeneye ?

you had to beat facility in 2:05 on 00 agent if i remember correctly.

One of the objectives you have to talk to a scientist, but hes in 1 of 4 places each time. He HAS to be in one particular spot otherwise you cant do it. I got fed up and gave up cuz of the random side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Had it not happened, all I'd have left would be vigilante and fire missions.
    It's crap the way you're not given
    the hunter/apache
    whatever it's called, after 100 packages, if you haven't reached the second island mission wise.

Yeah but the reason for that is beacuse it is only available from the
    the army base
    which is located in the second half of vice city, so ya have no way to access it.

No, when you get 100 packages it's
    available from the helicopter landing spot down by the marina.

No, when you get 100 packages it's
    available from the helicopter landing spot down by the marina.
    nope, it only appears there if you have 100 packages and all of the story missions completed.

Ah, last time I got 100 I was finished the missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Latest moment of happiness:
    Getting my first knife kill in battlefield:vietnam :cool:

Advertisement