Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

fans of pearl jam........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

Shoolaboola, you've got to be taking the p*ss.

The band's been around the best part of FIFTEEN (15) years, you have their debut, and you don't even have the common courtesy to have an original. My collection has two copies of ten alone (one autographed by the entire band circa '93 and an import)

You are the kind of "fan" who makes my blood boil. :mad: :mad:
    Bet you're a Nevermind Nirvana fan as well.

This band has always cared for and worked their asses off for their fans, they took on ticketmaster for us. Dear God I want to slap the head off you.
    If you LOVE a band take interest in them, one album, still in shock.

Rozabeez, hate the record stores, buy direct, www.pearljam.com

and your'e the kind of fan that pearl jam hate.....quite ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

because

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Im a huge PJ fan, have all their CDs bar Lost Dogs (must get me finger out!). Mett Mr.Vedder in Dalkey way back in the day when they supported Neil Young at Slane, got his autograph on a beer mat !!!!
    Was at the 2000 gig at the Point, absolutley brilliant !!!!!!

Shoolaboola, I think you're great. We all start somewhere. I'm an ex-x-gen (ish). My first PJ was ten and I taped it off a friend and Black got chopped right in the middle. I didn't buy it til 2000 so I never heard the full "Black" til then!

Burn Baby Burn! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 McUdar

Pearl Jam are brilliant! I love Alice in Chains too, soundgarden are ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i cant believe i missed this thread, its been going since JULY!!!
    i fookin love pearl jam, they're my fav band. none of the albums ever get old, no many how many times i listen to them. i'd a mate who used to slag me about my cd collection being stuck back in the early 90's, sad but true. i'm a big 'grunge' fan (although im not a fan of that label :) )
    saw them at the point in 2000, amazing gig. 15 year old girl surrounded by hairy rockers all about a foot taller than me. was a pretty intense experience, i'll never forget it.
    big fan of alice in chains too, i held a tribute gig in the tbmc on layne's birthday a few months after he died actually, there was a world wide tribute going on on the day, co-ordinated through their message board.
    thats how i joined boards actually... plugging the gig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

yeah totd, forgot that one!
    Jeez pearl jam slipping? awe dont think so! well obviously Im gonna say that cause Im a fan, maybe Binaural! Has anyone heard Lost Dogs?

Yea binaural is my favourite one too, i like the rest of their stuff but theres nothing like chilling out to some pearl jam...not something that i thought that i could have posibly said a few years ago....if you can there are a few alice in chains covers by pearl jam knocking around that are pretty good, alone etc.

Soundgarden are class, but if you get a chance listen to chris cornells album euphoria morning, its f*cking brilliant, kinda along the same lines as binaural, man that guys has an amazing voice......sigh...weak knees.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Greatest band ever, my life pretty much revolves around em!!!!
    Got nice little collection going, for starters:

-All studio albums, Live on Two Legs, Lost Dogs, RVM, everything official etc,

-Mookie Blaylock(Pearl Jam): First ever show at off ramp cafe 22/10/90 along with with Mamasan Demo [1cd]
    -MTV Unplugged 16/3/92 [1cd]
    -Zurich, Switzerland 18/6/92 [2cd]
    -Slane Castle '93 [1cd]
    -Finsbury Park, London '93 [1cd]
    -Brixton Acadamy, London '93 [2cd]
    -Fox Theatre, Atlanta 3/4/94 [2cd]
    -Soldier Field, Chicago 11/7/95 [2cd]
    -Cork '96 [2cd]
    -Dublin '96 [2cd]
    -Dublin '00 [2cd]
    -State College '03 [3cd]
    -MSG 2 '03 [2cd]
    -Mansfield(Boston) 3 '03 [3cd]
    -Benaroya Hall '03 [2cd]
    -Paramount Theatre, Seattle 18/3/05 [1cd]
    -Green Habit Compilation [10cd]

-Live at The Garden [2DVD]
    -Touring Band 2000 [1dvd]
    -Single Video Theory [1dvd]
    -MTV Unplugged '92 [1dvd]
    -Nightown, Rotterdam '92 [1dvd]
    -Pinkpop '92 [1dvd]
    -MSG 2 '98 [2dvd]
    -Hartford, CT '98 [2dvd]
    -Mansfield, MA '98 [2dvd]
    -Pinkpop 2000 [1dvd]
    -Mexico 3 '03 [2dvd]
    -Touring Vs. compilation [1dvd]
    -Trocadero Club, Philadelphia '92 [1vcd]

-Various other things saved on my hard drive.

Safe to say im obsessed, thats only the start aswell, plenty more to come!!
    Hard to pick a favourite song, apart from a couple of stinkers I love them all!!
    They better get play here again next year, Canadians have hogged the autumn mini tour!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Haven't heard any of pearl jam's new stuff, don't even know if they have anything new out. They don't play much of their stuff on the radio at all.

I have to disgrace with another poster. I saw them at the Point in 2000, just before my leaving and I thought they were crap. Well they were alright, not the worst. Eddie Vedder didn't connect well with the crowd. Just told a really long (and Bad) joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

not much of a pj fan, they only have a few songs i really love - state of love and trust is the best, do the evolution and their cover of keep on rockin in the free world.

i dont like ten that much, i had it on cassette back in the day - side 1: good to great, side 2: cant stand it.

slightly off topic, did anyone listen to the story of grunge on the last splash on today fm a week or two back? awesome stuff.
    they did a top 10 grunge anthems, pj got 2nd and 3rd with even flow and alive as i recall. (smells like teen spirit topped it)
    sigh, if only i could find my green river tape now :( oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

pWned Shewhomustbe! :D

Soundgarden were gods amongst men. Pearl Jam were never stocked in my local record store but I shall hereby award them honorary demi-god status

They are in the middle of recording a new album and according to Mike McCready, he played some of it to a few friends and they compared it to Vs., harder sound than the last few albums. I have one of the new songs which has been played in Seattle just after paddys day and again last week at a performance at an easy street store in seattle. Its called "Crapshoot" but some people reckon it'll be called "Crapshoot Rapture" on the new album. Bit of a horrible name but cool song, really hard, fast and punkish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Yea, I have Crapshoot, it's pretty good. I'm a huge fan of PJ have all albums including Moogie Baylock stuff and ****loads of official bootlegs. there's a great site for anyone who's interested: www.theskyiscrape.com it's got an excellent collection of live mp3s and they've just released a HUGE download of every single song they've ever played live... the very best version of each song voted for by fans.

Good to hear the new album is like VS, that's my favourite album. The day I see them live will be the best day of my life. been a fan for 6 years and I didn't even hear they were playin here on the Binaural tour... wasn't really a fan of the album when it came out but now it has a lot of my fav songs on it. I can't believe I mised that show. I almost killed a girl in my college this year when she told me she was at it but she hated Pearl Jam. ****in Canadian's with their tour!! what about us. I hear they'll tour Europe later this year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i was under the impression they avoided countries these days where ticketmaster were the only ticket distributers, this is bull**** right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

nah, I think they just try and not use ticketmaster whenever possible but seein as some country's only have one distributer (Ticketmaster) they have to go with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

Pearl Jam... GREATEST and i mean THE GREATEST band of all time... not one bad album... none of their albums sound the same... Best album is yield.... Live at the Garden is BRILLIAnt, i love it more than id love my own child (if i had one).
    Nirvana hadnt got a patch on Pearl Jam

Well I have to say that Binaural isn't my favourite, dont get me wrong its a good album but it just isnt all there for me. Everything else is savage.

As for the ticketmaster thing,
    They stopped using Ticketmaster around '94, they had limited tours in '95 and '96 because it was hard for them to find venues not tied up to Ticketmaster. They still played some legendary shows around this time like Soldier Field in '95 and Randalls Island in '96 (in a very delapatated stadium, which wasnt really very well organised and with loads of crowd trouble but up until 2003 it was their longest concert ever)
    In '98 they played about 50% Ticketmaster venues and 50% others and from 2000 they have used mainly used Ticketmaster again.

Whether they play Ireland again is questionable, there aren't many venues suited to them. They prefer to play all seated shows (especially since Roskilde '00) as opposed to General Admission shows like the Point. What would be the capacity of the Point if it was made all seater for a concert??
    Hopefully they do come back though, I highly doubt we'll see them this year but probably '06 after the new album has been digested. If they dont play here im definately going travelling the continent to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

and they've just released a HUGE download of every single song they've ever played live... the very best version of each song voted for by fans.

Do you have a direct link to that, I just had a quick look on their site and couldn't find it. Cheers.

Its called the Green Habit Compilation, it was made by Green Habit who is a moderator on the Red Mosquito forum, it has the best version of each song the have ever played live (Originals, covers etc) in the order that they were first played live (so all the stuff they played at the Off Ramp Cafe on 22/10/90 would be on the first disc, just the best version of each that was available, you get the idea). It was up on theskyiscrape.com audio/visual section (which seems to be down at the minute) and easytree, they are torrents and not mp3 downloads. It is a savage collection, 10 discs in all!!

I see it now Red, cheers.
    Back when PJ first hit the scene I had tonnes of tapes of various concerts and rarities, they all somehow fell through the cracks when I moved around and stuff, it'll be nice to build up my collection again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,952 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jesus I can't believe i've only seen this thread now! spent the last 3/4's of an hour reading through it all now and lemme tell you some torrents of emotion goin' thru me at the moment!

Pearl Jam - What a fvcking band, quite simply the best ever. nothing has ever grabbed me in my life as much as they have - and i've never seen them live! If needs be in a year or so will just bite the bullitt and go to the states.
    Obviously have all of them, couldn't really say any favourite songs cause theres just too many that i love in different ways..fav albums would be vitalogy, ten, no code, vs all on equal standing (love each slightly more at different times but always switches) with yield only very slightly behind, then riot act and binaural. not really mentioning lost dogs as dont really think of it as a seperate album yet as had heard all the songs on it (and more) seperately so dont think of them in the lost dogs format, def good though obviously.

got tingles thinkin of it all now!
    id better leave before i wet myself actually..

oh before i go, am a massive fan of all the other bands mentioned too, AIC (listening to unplugged right now as it happens), Stone temple pilots, mother love bone, screaming trees, temple of the dog, soundgarden, Faith no more etc etc - WHY DONT PEOPLE MAKE MUSIC LIKE THIS ANYMORE!?!?
    paul - pj fan forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I like Pearl Jam and have done since Yield.......i knew a few songs from Ten- Jeremy and Black but wasn't a major fan. I have a few of the albums now but not all of them, seen them last time they played in the Point, there was a crush in the middle of the venue which was not good!!

other than nearly getting crushed to death, they were good live

Yes, and we all seen what happened when a crush happened less than a month after Dublin at Roskilde. Who knows if we'll see them here again as I mentioned earlier but hopefully (crosses fingers!). If not, im touring the continent for them and maybe the states too!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

for those who have doubts that pearl jam are gonna come to ireland - YOUR STUPID. Obviously they'll come over, they love ireland... go to www.pearljamlive.com, dublin 2000, and listen to ed vedders little story before go (if i remember correctly).

2+2=5 wrote:
    for those who have doubts that pearl jam are gonna come to ireland - YOUR STUPID.

Oh the irony of it all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

2+2=5 wrote:
    for those who have doubts that pearl jam are gonna come to ireland - YOUR STUPID. Obviously they'll come over, they love ireland... go to www.pearljamlive.com, dublin 2000, and listen to ed vedders little story before go (if i remember correctly).

Dont have to, was at the gig (still the best ever gig I was ever at). They will defo play here again.

2+2=5 wrote:

Just because he tells a story (I have the boot) doesn't mean he likes Ireland any more than anywhere else. At every concert they tend to interact with the crowd, more often than not a lot more than they did at the Point. Dublin was also one of the weakest concerts they played on the European leg that year, never mind the whole two leg American tour, the nights either sides of that show were better, Milan, Katowice II, Portugal to name a few others.

And as for my point, even if they loved Ireland more than anywhere else on earth, they would seriously have to consider where they would play here because of the lack of appropriate all-seater venues. They would be very wary of playing a GA show. (Which isn't saying they won't come but casts a doubt)

So dont call me stupid because I obviously seem to know much more about this band than you ever will!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ballsmahoney

Ed
    Stone
    Mike
    Matt
    Jeff

Legends, and men who mean the world to me(also,Dave x 2 and Jack)
    ".........troubled souls unite,we've got ourselves tonight"

Missin one member there balls (what a savage name!!) :), is it ECW related??
    And the member isnt the all-conquering, reef smokin man beast that is BOOM!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ballsmahoney

ECW - indeed it is.
    Wasnt forgetting Boom at all,he's one of the best.
    I take it from the name,you're a bit of a fan!??!
    I just love them.Even got a pj related tattoo.I know some people
    may find that kinda tacky,but i love it.
    Its not something that many people would know,which is an added bonus.
    For example,alot of people got the stick man,but mine is
    a little less predictable.Anyway,each to their own and all that.

Advertisement