Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

fans of pearl jam........

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ya that was the name of it alrite love boat captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

anyone into pearl jam, alice in Chains, soundgarden,mother love bone, mad season, screaming trees? and find it really hard to find other music fans with the same taste?

All fantastic bands, Soundgarden and AIC..in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

MSG I 24/6/08

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Pete Townshend), W.M.A. (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch

Encore 2: No More, Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams), Comatose, I Believe In Miracles (with guest C.J. Ramone playing bass guitar) (Ramone, Ray), Alive

Encore 3: All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan), Indifference

What a ****ing night, that was incredible. The energy in MSG was something ive never experienced before! Words cant describe at the minute how good it was and I wanna let it sink in. Gotta go down to MSG now to pick up my tix for tonight!! Got a feeling its gonna be equally as legendary!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

no alive :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Larianne wrote: »
    Just told a really long (and Bad) joke.

Yeah wtf was that about? I was there too. Can't believe it was that long ago. I thought it was a great concert. Remember walking into a shop the next morning and they already had the concert on tape!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

no alive :-o

Very end of Encore 2!

Red Mosquito, that is one hell of a set. Porch, Crazy Mary, Love REign....and then countless many others. Tese sets are really long, how long they playing for?

oh ya i did'nt see it there :-D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Not doing any advertising here folks, but a few of my mates from Ardee have a very cool Pearl Jam tribute band on the go. Well worth going to see if they are in your area...

My Space

Alive

Jeremy

Daughter

With regards Pearl Jam, they IMO the greatest band to walk this planet. They are my Led Zeppelin. Went to see them in the Wembley Arena gig last August and it was the best gig I think I was ever at...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Feelgood wrote: »
    Not doing any advertising here folks, but a few of my mates from Ardee have a very cool Pearl Jam tribute band on the go. Well worth going to see if they are in your area...

My Space

Alive

Jeremy

Daughter

With regards Pearl Jam, they IMO the greatest band to walk this planet. They are my Led Zeppelin. Went to see them in the Wembley Arena gig last August and it was the best gig I think I was ever at...

Haha... and wouldn't ye know I went with one of them to one of the Pearl Jam shows in New York last week! Unless this is Chris and yer advertising yer own band!!!

The two shows were great. I was totally unenthusiastic about the seats, but the first night I was up the back of the floor but raised above all the heads in front, and the 2nd night I was to the right hand side, great view of the back of Stone's head :D The crowd were AMAZING, I've never seen anything like it.

Ace Frehley made an appearence for Black Diamond. And anyone know who CJ Ramone is???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

jenizzle wrote: »

Ace Frehley made an appearence for Black Diamond. And anyone know who CJ Ramone is???

He's one of the last surviving members of The Ramones. AFAIK Eddie is good friends with him.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Creature wrote: »
    He's one of the last surviving members of The Ramones. AFAIK Eddie is good friends with him.

Ah he replaced Dee Dee. I got confused :o He played with them for I Believe In Miracles.

In other news, the 2nd leg of Ed's solo tour was announced yesterday.

Yep, that was an amazing 10 or so days. Out of the 5 shows I gotta go with, maybe, Hartford as show of the tour, it was bloody amazing, with both MSG slightly behind!
    To answer a question from above, bots MSG went around 2h 45m, Hartford about 2h 50m and the Mansfield shows went about 2h 15m each. Wirey curfew in Mansfield which we thought would be well and truly broken for night 2 but they only went a few mins past.

Mansfield 2 was great aswell though, night one was brilliant apart from being in a bad section with some dickhead people. The Betterman from night 1 will go down as possibly one of the great moments of the band, check it out on youtube, it still wont do it justice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

MSG I 24/6/08

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Save You, Why Go, All Night (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Corduroy, Faithfull, Small Town, Down, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Who You Are (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Whipping, 1/2 Full, Even Flow, Present Tense, Daughter, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Pete Townshend), W.M.A. (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Wasted Reprise, Porch

Encore 2: No More, Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams), Comatose, I Believe In Miracles (with guest C.J. Ramone playing bass guitar) (Ramone, Ray), Alive

Encore 3: All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan), Indifference

What a ****ing night, that was incredible. The energy in MSG was something ive never experienced before! Words cant describe at the minute how good it was and I wanna let it sink in. Gotta go down to MSG now to pick up my tix for tonight!! Got a feeling its gonna be equally as legendary!!!
    phuck me, but that's some gig, musta been nice to have been a part of it...

2 Espressi wrote: »
    phuck me, but that's some gig, musta been nice to have been a part of it...

Indeed :D:D
    I been smiling just thinking back on it! Night 2 was epic aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

All Night (With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas)

Although it was great to hear this, I didnt see the point of these 3 coming back out again and again you couldnt hear anything they were singing

Other than that two great gigs but the second one was better IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

has anybody heard the 'Into The Wild' soundtrack? all vedder material. a beautiful movie and a beautiful soundtrack

has anybody heard the 'Into The Wild' soundtrack? all vedder material. a beautiful movie and a beautiful soundtrack

Have it on cd (along with the fan club t-shirt!) and vinyl (which comes with the lyric book forwarded by sean penn and a 7" of 'No More')

I love that movie, very moving! Soundtrack is great aswell, wouldnt mind getting in some of the Vedder east coast solo shows, but after the last few weeks, I think its beyond my budget!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

I absolutely love Alice in chains, mad season, screaming trees, pearl jam, mother love bone, malfunkshun and temple of the dog. Seriously brilliant stuff. Layne Staley is the greatest ever. RIP.

amazing bands! even the slightly less mainstream ones like love battery, the melvins, green river, tripping daisy....

green river

Who are re-uniting for a once off show to celebrate sub-pop's 20th anniversary this sunday!!!!
    Should be interesting, and good!

• Advertisement

wow i didnt know that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DaleZA

Ahhh grunge is THE best!! Saw Pearl Jam live at Reading fest in '06, probably the greatest day of my life!

Old Silverchair, Screaming Trees, Mad Season, Alice in Chains... Layne Staley rocks my world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only just noticed this thread now. I was at the Bonnaroo gig there in June and they blew me away. 3+hrs they played for, about an hour more than they were supposed to. Such a good night that was (well entire festival was).

I don't remember them played All Along the Watchtower though but was fairly hammered by the end so probably loved it and just don't remember :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

pearl jam are great saw tem twice in 95 and then again in 2000 or around that. great gigs havent heard much bout them in the past. are they still together. screeming trees i saw in slane one year savage band. never seen soundgarden. though seen alice in cahins once at download a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PearlDrummer

Pearl Jam are legents, I'd sell my left Man Ball to see them... if they come to europe next year, I'm gonna swim across the sea to see them....

you're right though, it is hella hard to find people into similar music from that whole Seattle movement!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is the music I grew up with, and I still think Pearl Jam put out some of the best music of the 90's.

SDooM is right.... and to be honest, the last album they put out is a damn sight better than all that Emo / Hip Hop / Dance / Pop CRAP!!! that is festering away inside the radio...

It's nice to still have bands around like Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine etc. who are keeping real music alive!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Have always preferred Vs. to the other Pearl Jam albums. Vitalogy and Yield were great too.

Vs is a cool track, there are lots of Pearl Jam songs out there though.... Eddie Vedders new solo album is pretty aawesome too! Into the Wild?! Pearl Jam fans should give it a listen for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mulville92

Check out their channel on muzu.tv:
    http://www.muzu.tv/pearljam
    alice in chains and RATM also have their own channels

Advertisement