Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

• 08-07-2004 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone got any idea where the new NTL BB area's will be and when
    we are likely to see them being rolled out.

My €ircon DSL 12 months is nearly up and i'm looking at my options

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Would be much easier if you just said what area you''re in, insted of people naming lots of areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭brianc123

I'm between Clondalkin and Lucan near to Cherrywood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Anyuone any idea of plans to roll out NTL BB in Deselby in Tallaght?

Thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

i reckon they will upgrade the areas that already have digital tv. i hope they will upgrade newlands in clondalkin soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

we will be all living in space by the time NTL upgrades to BB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i have digital TV available to me, so does that mean i would be likely to get their broadband wired up in the forseeable future?

What advantage does a house have for NTL broadband when it can already get the digital tv, as compared to one that can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by Batbat
    we will be all living in space by the time NTL upgrades to BB

Absolutely! They've been saying they're going to upgrade for the last 3 and a half years. I laughed when I seen the article in the indo this week about their expansion plans for their cable service. It'll never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Just noticed that ntl's website has been updated with the new speeds/prices. See

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet.html
    http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

ntl Broadband Starter 300kbps €25
    ntl Broadband 750kbps €30
    ntl Broadband Max 1.5Mb €50

Download speeds effective from 31.08.04.

No mention of new areas as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

No mention of new areas has me hoping they are going to finish the Lucan rollout first (greedy of me but there you go).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

No mention of Caps when the rest are gonna enforce them and charge thru the nose for them too. (€36 per Gb over the limit )

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Does the monthly fee cover all online costs. In other words would this allow me to access the Internet at any time of day for any length of time without incurring additional usage costs?
    Yes, the monthly fee is a flat rate fee allowing you to access the Internet as often as you wish. ntl does limit the usage to 1GB per day. Users who continuously exceed this limit will be contacted directly.

Since when was my line upgraded to 750kb? I havn't noticed any difference its still hanging in and around 600k for most downloads.

And they dropped the price of it aswell? They must be really struggling for buusiness, must check my bill to see if they have only charged the lesser ammount

EDIT I see now its only effective from the end of August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

New speeds start at end of August. Look at the NTL page again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

According to what I read in the irish times they won't name where they're rolling it out to in case the other bb companies try to screw 'em.
    I rang on friday to see if I could get it (Dublin 18); he said they had rolled out to 3000 houses during june and would be doing 10000 in july but that I couldn't get it yet.
    I think I'll go for the free iol offer then see where they are in three months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 refused

Originally posted by Seifer
    I think I'll go for the free iol offer then see where they are in three months time.
    I'm with you on that one. My new line finally got updated so I'm signed up waiting to be connected. YAY.

Advertisement