Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going for IOL BB, couple of questions.

• 08-07-2004 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I'm helping somebody sort out their home PC and was trying to persuade them to go for broadband, preferably IOL.

At the moment he has an ISDN line; the analogue side of one channel is used for the ordinary home phones, the other channel is shared between his PC dialling up for ISDN Internet access and a fax machine. IOL tell me they don't do BB over ISDN so the line will have to be downgraded, are there any costs involved in this does anybody know? What sort of time would it take between downgrading the ISDN and the BB arriving? Could they be done simultaneously to decrease wait time?

Final question - he has an eircom.net account that he can't afford to lose, is it possible to get to the Eircom mail server from IOL? A friend of mine was trying to do it from IBB with no success. I can understand not being able to get to the SMTP server but what about POP?

Thanks very much for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

isdn down grading cost 29.99

don't know about the email though.

i don't see why you cant order the downgrade and the bb at same time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There shouldn't be a problem with iolbb or ibb

Incoming server = eircom
    Outgoing server = smtp.iol.ie / smtp.irishbroadband.ie

Eircom stuff can be weird sometimes, especially the parts of their site that tell you that u are not on an Irish Ip address when they really mean that on one of their Ip addressess.

Advertisement