Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raid 0 Help

Options
  • 08-07-2004 10:59pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

Okay I got my raptors running a raid 0 setup a few days ago using my old GA-K8NNXP motherboard and they went grand.

Today my shiney new MSI K8N Neo Platinum arrived. Installation want to plan (except for almost breaking my cpu) and everything seemed fine and dandy. Went into bios and made sure sata was switch on. I then made a raid setup of my two drives in the bios. It was a stripped raid 0 setup and the striping block was set to 64k. All seemed grand started windows install and loaded up the raid driver from a floppy and then went as far as the partion screen. It showed my two drives independently. I thought this was maybe a quirk with this motherboards bios as my other motherboard showed just one hard drive double the normal size. However after invidual partioning them I let the machine restart to begin loading in bios but I get a message read error. I assume thats because its not placing them together as one?

Now I get just before the cd boot up screen the raid screen showing a single 138 or whatever size. In the bios I have also selected nvidia raid 138 controller option (something like that anyway)

Boot drives are on master index of 0 and 1. Channel 0 and 1 and adapt 1 and 1 in the raid array detail section stripping block 64k and striping width 2.
    Except for larger striping block the settings are the same as my old settings on the gigabyte motherboard. I press the f6 button to load up the scsi driver at start of windows install and then I install the nvidia raid driver. But it won;t detect the two drives as 1?

Any idea's?

Advertisement