Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting messenger to launch firefox for hotmail?

Options
  • 08-07-2004 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way of getting Messenger to launch Firefox for Hotmail instead of Internet Explorer. Using version 6.2 atm. I seem to remember older versions doing it. Links in instant messages open if Firefox alright. Installed Messenger Plus! but that doesn't give me the option of doing it either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I found MSN Plus filled with spyware and impossible to remove it all. Ended up uninstalling internet explorer altogether. Curse MSN Plus. I was spyware clean up until i installed that.

I dont think its possible with most recent msn messengers. I have firefox as my default etc. but it stil loads IE. You could try and completly remove IE but thats quite a drastic measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Winters
    I found MSN Plus filled with spyware and impossible to remove it all. Ended up uninstalling internet explorer altogether. Curse MSN Plus. I was spyware clean up until i installed that.

same thing happened to a friend of mine. aparently, the "software agreement" on the install is actually the agreement to install spyware - if you don't agree, you can still install Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Had it happen to a couple of my PCs here weather i clicked I Agree or Decline. Might donload it again and see if i can fix it.

The program itself had some nice features. MSN should really incorporate half of them into Messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh there is an option to not allow the spyware to be installed but most people (myself included one time) don't bother reading the agreement :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by Stark
    Is there any way of getting Messenger to launch Firefox for Hotmail instead of Internet Explorer. Using version 6.2 atm. I seem to remember older versions doing it. Links in instant messages open if Firefox alright. Installed Messenger Plus! but that doesn't give me the option of doing it either.

No - I've seen this come up a few times on the mozillazine forums, and it seems that the newer versions of messenger are hard-coded to launch IE...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

http://amsn.sourceforge.net

Excellent msn client, launches hotmail in your default browser, firefox works fine..

Advertisement