Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen Line Up & Verdicts

Options
  • 09-07-2004 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Have a great weekend if you're going to Oxegen (completely sold out). Don't forget the Phantom board is waiting to hear your verdict on each day, stage and act!

The complete line up for both days is available in our Festival Guide

If you're down in Punchestown support your favourite radio station (that's us by the way) by making your own 'Phantom FM Rocks' sign and get it flashed up on the big screens at the main stage. You can also text the screens (it's pricey though) with your message of support.

Have a good one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by BrianD
    Have a great weekend if you're going to Oxegen (completely sold out).

Had a dream last night I lost my ticket, and I was spamming boards and trying to find tout looking for a replacement.

Its still here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

I did you owe me 2 euro there brian....:D

just before divine comedy around 5pm message read along the lines..

"Best of luck with the license application - the Alphastates appreciation Society"

killed two birds with the one stone......:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Giveamanakick rocked my world!!!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Yep gamak were brilliant. I nearly got myself killed when everyone started moshing though. Turn and Republic of Loose were also very impressive (esp Turn's new bassist :p )

But...The Killers definitlely stole the show for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I loved Muse and Autamata....

the tyconauts were fantabulous even if it was quiet chilly!

and I never dance but I jumped around for white stripes and muse casue they were so fantastic! and relaly annoyed i ahd to miss republic of loose due to muse beingon the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by Rockiemalt
    I never dance but I jumped around for white stripes
    The White Stripes played??! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

blame my lack of sleep...the strokes..

its all cause of confusing i had over a burned cd it had white stripes and the strokes on it and no track lisiting so i didn't know which was which!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Killers had such an amazing atmosphere. Everyone singing along and more just bopping rather than moshing. They put on a brilliant show with good crowd interaction. Then again I don't think they would of been nearly as good if they were on the main stage because we must remember that all those in the tent were basically fans who gave up the oppurtunity of seeing the Cure for a way lesser known band. Such a Fan-****in-tastic show though.

Hope of the States were the act before the Killers. I had only heard of them but did not know what to expect. I was pleasently surprised though. The projection on the roof was really really cool. I must buy their album.

Ash played better than the last time i saw them play. Tim Wheelers flaming guitar was back in action. Good atmosphere in the pit. Lots of crowd singing and the likes.

Muse.... well what can I say. Such an energetic and powerful performance. Mental atmosphere added to the heavy songs immensely. Pity they were not headlining so that they could use their lightshow to the full extent. Oh well they are bound to play a headline slot sometime next year.

Faithless were a massive shock to me. Not my cup of tea at all but it was enjoyable to just do that dancing that the scumbags do. You know what I am talking about, flailing arms and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by D-Generate
    The Killers had such an amazing atmosphere. Everyone singing along and more just bopping rather than moshing. They put on a brilliant show with good crowd interaction. Then again I don't think they would of been nearly as good if they were on the main stage because we must remember that all those in the tent were basically fans who gave up the oppurtunity of seeing the Cure for a way lesser known band. Such a Fan-****in-tastic show though.

Have to agree, definitely the act of the weekend in my humble opinion - Saturday was brilliant in general - The Rapture, Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, The Strokes and then onto The Killers... what a fine procession of bands to see in a row!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Originally posted by luce
    (esp Turn's new bassist :p )

Mmmmm, yeah, you definitely would!;)

I was surprised to see how much the crowd changed this year. It seemed to appeal to a wider audience. I'm sure this made the promoters very happy but i preferred a more indie crowd. There were far too many girls with furry pink boots and hoop ear-rings in my opinion. this probably has something to do with no Creamfields this year. I think the change of name of the festival caused it to lose some of its indie chic. Just my thoughts anyway.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

At the same time it's good to see that a broad spectrum of people are enjoying quality music. Personally, I think that there is a "happy vibe" at the festival. I would prefer to see "girls with furry pink boots and hoop ear-rings" than agro.

Advertisement