Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food poisioning

Options
  • 09-07-2004 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Can you sue a shop for providing bad food that results in food posioning? I got some Egg salad from a well known store yeserday dated till sunday and I got violently ill last night.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

So you threw up for a night and now have dollar signs in your eyes? :D
    No wonder our insurance is so high.

FSAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    So you threw up for a night and now have dollar signs in your eyes? :D
    No wonder our insurance is so high.

FSAI

Places shouldn't get away with it. Missed work because of it. Thats loss of earnings! Thanks for that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well certainly report them.
    It would help if you had the wrapper with the sell-by date and a receipt but if the FSAI get a report, they will check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Whatever about going after them for money, if you're certain it was them then report them. Ultimately a hygene audit on their place will result in a reduced chance of it happening to someone else (and maybe a nice fine and a write up in the paper for their trouble).

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Keep a sample of the offending food item plus packaging. The Health and Safety Dept. might want to do a test on it if legal precedings are taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I drank lots of beer last night and was violently ill the following morn.....

bah nevermind:(

Originally posted by Kêrmêttê
    Keep a sample of the offending food item plus packaging. The Health and Safety Dept. might want to do a test on it if legal precedings are taken.

Its already been done. They will have the results soon. Will post back with news.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'd say this is more of a business issue tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've heard that the FSAI won't take reports seriously unless you get a doctors report to show how sick you really were.

Originally posted by RainyDay
    I've heard that the FSAI won't take reports seriously unless you get a doctors report to show how sick you really were.

Done all that. Just waiting on lab reports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement