Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sony P900

Options
  • 09-07-2004 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Excellent forum here! I was reccomended it by a friend, and am nicely suprised at the level of expertise

Anyways, i'm going to buy a P900 and am researching all the various places to buy it from.
    From Vodafone and O2, its about E550 (Euros), and not sure yet about CarPhone Warehouse.
    However, theres a site called http://www.livetelecom.com/ that sells the Sony P900 with a vodafone contract for only 210 Euros!
    I emailed them asking why it was so cheap, but no reply yet

Does anyone know if this site is an ok site to buy it from, or am I better off paying a little extra and buying it from Vodafone?

Any help at all is very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hiya BravoGolf,

Looks like that site is a UK site (all prices are in sterling). Contracts are most likely UK contracts only (I can't see any Irish contracts on the site).

If you're in the UK, go for it ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by BravoGolf
    However, theres a site called http://www.livetelecom.com/ that sells the Sony P900 with a vodafone contract for only 210 Euros!
    I emailed them asking why it was so cheap, but no reply yet

Does anyone know if this site is an ok site to buy it from, or am I better off paying a little extra and buying it from Vodafone?

I got my P900 from LiveTelecom, but it was a SIM Free (non-contract) model. As TmB points out they would be selling a Vodafone UK contract with the handset, so unless you are in the UK you won't be able to buy it and take advantage of the subsidy...
    Originally posted by BravoGolf
    Looks like that site is a UK site (all prices are in sterling).

Yeah it's a UK site alright, but when you select Ireland at the checkout it offers the prices Euro.

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BravoGolf

Thanks for the quick replies people :)

I guess I was a little hasty and slightly hoped/assumed it included Ireland in the contract offer :dunno:
    The SIM-Free offer is more expensive so i'll just buy it from Vodafone directly, which I dont mind doing at all, seems like a nice phone and the XDA 2 seems a bit too gimmicy for my liking.

Speaking of Vodafone, a lot of people seem to have apprehension about buying the model from them, as Vodafone do their own branding on the phone.
    Is it really that bad?

Whom, do you think, is the best crowd to buy it from (excluding tariffs and all that jazz)

:-D

Advertisement