Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeroll Thursday

Options
  • 09-07-2004 10:37am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Its time to put on makeup...

Its time to light the lights...

Its time to get things started...

Ah the cRrRaZzZy fun that is Thursday evening in the Fitz. Its like Late Night Poker crashed a Celebrity Poker party...

Careca and I got tickets (fair play to Careca on final table he got royally stuck into the middle of it, refusing to play the "lets if I can cruise to a ticket" game as I dont think his stack would have lasted. Paid off too!)

I'd gotten very busy at second last table and had done a reasonable impersonation of a chip-hoover. Signs on that with 6 tickets (70 people played!!) and 9 at the final table, 3 of whom were very short stacked, I sat on my hole and played only one hand (AQ, slow played and mugged a guy to my left, but only a bit).

Still stand by my assertions about final table. More so then ever now. Last night it was the most boring table I sat at!

Were any other Boardsies on the final table (thought I recognised one face but wasnt sure).

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Are there ever any games outside the Metropolis?
    Down the bog like, maybe the Midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

You played really solid last night DeV. It was obvious from early on that you were getting a ticket. I have to disagree with the boring table statement as I thoroughly enjoyed the final table. Mind you I was up and down more often than the no-smoking signs in Fibber Magees.

That guy in the corner with the large stack (Michael ?) played some great poker. Mind you he didn't need to get involved but fair play to him, he seemed to be involved in every big hand. He def bet me out of two large pots where I had the best of it. I finally put down some hands, whereas two/three months ago I would have called.

One great hand last night at second last table. One guy goes all in with pockets Q's, next player calls with the bullets. Margaret (very short stacked) called with K9. Flop 955, turn 5 and river 9 for margaret to win. Three houses with no one playing the board.

Roll on the 29th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Originally posted by Hagar
    Are there ever any games outside the Metropolis?
    Down the bog like, maybe the Midlands?

I don't know about Midlands, but there is a club in Cork if you're interested. Called the Macau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

Were any other Boardsies on the final table (thought I recognised one face but wasnt sure).

Don't know that I'd describe myself as a "boardsie", I guess that's for other people to decide, but that was me dealing at the final table...

Which face were you thinking of?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah, anyone who posts here is in Da Family :)
    I was thinking of the guy to your left (seat 1) at the final table...

DeV.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of the guy to your left (seat 1) at the final table...

Sorry... don't know him...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Once again my ninja poka skillz get me no cigar, crashed out of it at that 2nd last table at 12th last night.

Only one memorable hand, I cracked AA and AJ early with 66 to treble through..but it was a relentless grind last night of K5o after K4o after 95o....

Saw Margaret's amazing house draw, but I am confused...

"If there are three of a kind on the table (community cards) in a Texas Holdem game that are used by two or more players to make a full house, then we would look at the strength of the pair to determine a winner."

555 on the board plus AA, against 555-9 plus a 9. Surely AA wins? What am I missing here??

In other news of strange probabilities, I hit two numbers straight up last night at the roulette table. Man, I love 33.

Margaret's hand was 99955 at the end...

Beats 555 anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

saw your 33 hitting madsl. nice one.

as bmc says, the final board was 95559. with her 9 margaret made a house of nines, the others only had a house of fives.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Thanks.

Thought I was losing my mind for a moment, I was kind of sure that she had a house of nines...

Now if I had I a fiver on 33....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

eyes open - sticks - coma - bloodshot - crazy

need I say more?

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

I only made it halfway through the tournament, nowhere near the last table

Advertisement