Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom advice>Amp/Speakers

Options
  • 09-07-2004 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

My bedroom is only 2.7X2.2 metres...8.5X7.5 feet

Have a tonne of cash,

Will have a pretty great tv soon,prob 28/32 inch.

I will do without the surround on the tv..its needless.I hear it works far worse than..a dedicated speaker system.

Prefer to get speakers+Amp.

MY QUESTION::for a tiny bedroom,is an amplifier REALLY needed???Would proper surround sound not be needed?
    Is it best to just buy a dvd speaker package,to go with tv?.

What system would you recommend,for my small living area?:)

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I would recommend either the Acoustic Energy Aego5 system, which is a speaker system of excetpional quality and very neat dimensions, or else the Jamo DVR50 DVD/Amp/Speaker system if you want to go for a top quality integrated package.

The key to a system working in that small space will be speaker location. The two rear speakers will need to be about 2 feet above ear level on the side walls, just behind you. The centre on the TV obviously, and the left and right speakers almost immediately each side of the TV. Don't spread them out too much. The sub can go anywhere in the room, under your bed will do!

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Travis Bickle

Thanks very much,for input.

One question:what do i do,if my bed is one side of the room.Just centre the speakers alot closer?
    Would it become more compact/more beneficial?.
    Or disturbing?.

Well, it doesn't really matter as long as the front 3 speakers are as described above. It's not cool to say have the left speaker beside the TV and the right one away near the door. Will sound odd.

Are you going to be sitting on your bed looking at the TV on the opposite wall? Or will you be lying down, with the TV past the foot of the bed?

There is about a metre at the end of the bed.

I plan to put the tv,right there.And watching from bed area.

I have no problem scrapping that plan,if the idea of surround sound SHOULD be a whole room type atmosphere.

Do you think,my original idea would work?

The two systems you mentioned are meaty,well reccommended.Thanks.

The TV at the end of the bed will work fine as long as the speakers are where they should be relative to the TV. I'm not quite sure what you mean by:
    if the idea of surround sound SHOULD be a whole room type atmosphere.
    but if you were originally planning to use the surround sound on the TV, don't! It will sound cack! (Unless it's a Loewe ;)

If, in your original post, you are asking can you run good speakers off your TV speaker outputs, the answer is simply no. If this is not what you were asking, I apologise.

Is the problem the size of the TV? A 32" can take up a fair bit of floorspace. Would you stretch to a 32" plasma instead? Huge jump up in price though.....

• Advertisement

I want to concentrate a system around my bed....

Which would basically be 2metres X 1.It's a single.
    The Tv has room,up to a metre.So a normal CRT i am going to get.

Is it perfectly feasible to have such a close nit system,around you?!!!.

Is it dangerous?.

There's no problem setting up around your bed like that. Spend a bit of time getting the levels right. You'll have to take down the levels of the surround speakers quite a bit. The idea should be that all speakers are at the same level. Obviously don't have it all too loud.

It's not dangerous as long as you don't go too loud. Or if you are watching a Halle Berry movie while lying in bed.....that could be dangerous....

:)

Ya,Saw Gothica,quite a scream she has...

Advertisement