Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superspeed 56k modem

• 09-07-2004 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Hi
    My 56 k modem is going mad lately if i try to download something from apple . com i downloads at about 100 k a second 20mb in 5 mins pretty unreal

Check it out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Downloading 100KB a sec on your 56kb(max) line.

Nice, dont suppose you had already downloaded the file or something equally as stupid :)

Looks like the packets were traveling so fast your failed to capture them in your picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

This happened to me before - I was on 56k at the time, and I went online to finish a 15 meg DL as I only had half of it.

I didnt notice at first, until I saw the dl progress bar flying along - I was connect at 512k or something ridiculous like that :D

I got disconnected 5 mins later though. but I got the file ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Originally posted by zoro
    This happened to me before - I was on 56k at the time, and I went online to finish a 15 meg DL as I only had half of it.

I didnt notice at first, until I saw the dl progress bar flying along - I was connect at 512k or something ridiculous like that :D

I got disconnected 5 mins later though. but I got the file ;)

Ugh, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1753758#post1753758

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There's some sort of caching going on.

Unless you're downloading a 20Meg Text file there's no way to physically push that much data down a phone line in the frequency range in which 56k operates.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

my modem got so hot it burned me
    eircom are fixing the lines down the road from me ..wish it stays for ever

• Advertisement
Advertisement