Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Anywhere with Eircom BB?

Options
  • 09-07-2004 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm using Eircom BB and I want to activate the machine to be a 'host' with PC anywhere. I think the problem is that ports 5631 and 5632 are blocked. I have NIS installed, but even when I disable NIS, thee ports cannot be accessed. How can I enable these ports or check if they are enabled?
    I found this on the netopia site that seems to explain how to do this:

http://www.netopia.com/en-us/equipment/tech/c_faq.html#ph_no_5

A few questions first, if anyone knows: -
    Is this all that is required?
    Has anyone done this before?
    Does it matter if the BB is connected to a switch? (as long as I specify the correct LAN IP of the machine I want to run PC anywhere on)

This is on a Windows 2000 Pro machine.
    The BB modem is a Netopia Cayman.

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by dcGT
    A few questions first, if anyone knows: -
    Is this all that is required?
    Yes.
    Has anyone done this before?
    No - I don't use a Netopia, but I regularly do the equivalnt operation on my own router, and it works fine.
    Does it matter if the BB is connected to a switch? (as long as I specify the correct LAN IP of the machine I want to run PC anywhere on)
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Thanks tomk!

DC.

Advertisement