Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hasselbaink signs for Boro

• 09-07-2004 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

His press conference was just on SSN, a 2 year deal. Thats a few signings now for Boro and the chairman said there's more to come.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Zenden and hargreaves i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

looks like they want o buils on last years carling cup victory! just hope they don't over spend like leeds and end up in trouble. probably won't page huge money to get players but may play huge wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think they will do well this year, all they were missing was a good striker and now they have 2 proven strikers. They should link up well together. If their ageing defense can withstand another year they could suprise people. I dont think Reiziger was a great buy, they would have been better off keeping Danny Mills, although they would have had to pay a transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Another good signing for Boro. I thought they did well to get Viduka for £4.5million and now they have gotten Hasselbaink for FREE. I think its a good move for both parties. Boro always had a decent team but lacked that 1 goal scorer and as Jivin Turkey said they now have 2 proven goal scorers.
    Could be a good season for Boro, i could see another Carling Cup run or even an FA Cup run. Best of luck to them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

They could push top 6 this season if they got a good midfielder in. Hasselbaink's record since he joined the Premiership is beaten by only Shearer I read today so to get him for nothing is a bargain. Viduka and him should link up well and they seem to have sorted their major problem - scoring!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steve Gibson does'nt lack readies so they can try to buy success (if thats what anyone thinks they're doing) without too much worry. If they get Viduka and JFH to click they could be the surprise package next season, assuming they can still defend.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Wonder if southgate will be the same player after that long injury bout he has just had. Will this be his last season or will he get 2 more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A Viduka/Hasselbiank combination could be a very potent force but also has the potential to be quite temperamental at times. I hope for Boro's sake that the two get on well together.

Advertisement