Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Price Increase

• 09-07-2004 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

The local pubs in the village where i live in the West of Ireland have increased prices of drink, e.g. ballygowan from €2.00 to €2.20, a 10% increase, in the last month. Did anyone hear that Ballygowan were increasing prices, has it happened elsewhere in the country?
    Just to clarify, all soft drinks (Coke etc.) went up from €2.00 to €2.20. Vodka and shorts went up minimum 10c, also all other beer products went up 15c. Again I thought it was only Guinness products that were supposed to be increased. Is this publicans being greedy again?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Compensate loses from smoking ban i would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I work in the retail trade & the retail price of Ballygowan hasn't gone up at all, so its just the pubs im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    Compensate loses from smoking ban i would imagine

Surely you mean "Profits not quite as massive as usual" when you typed "losses"?

Advertisement