Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB / Mandrake 10

• 09-07-2004 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭

Anyone got this combination working? The supplied ZyXEL Prestige 623 works perfectly with WIndows, but when I'm running mdk10, I can't ping anything on the outside world-- no "unknown host", no "network unreachable", it just sits there.

Name resolution is working just fine, according to nslookup. IP address (192.168.1.33), nameservers (127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.1) and default gateway (192.168.1.1) are configured via DHCP and seem sensible. I'm using the ethernet connection to the modem/router, not USB, and my firewall is (temporarily!) turned off.

Anyone have any clues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Not to worry, sorted(ish) now... seems that everything *except* ping was actually working along, but when I couldn't ping anything it didn't occur to me to bother trying to just load a webpage or something! D'oh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ihate it when that happens.

you use the tools you're supposed to to test things and when they don't work you assume there's a problem with the 'thing' rather than the 'tool'.

i've spent ages in the past trying to fix stuff that was working perfectly, because the stuff i was using to test it wasn't.

i'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere, but at this time of the day on a friday i'm buggered if i now what it is!

Advertisement