Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radeon 9800 pro

• 09-07-2004 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

guys, i just bought a radeon 9800 pro a couple of days ago and it arrived today. it is the 256bit version with the xt core. Had it delivered for £131. Got it from here. no drivers.
    Just be aware that you need at least a 350Watt psu and that my pc which was bought 2 years ago had only 250watt. also most dells bought recently still ship with the same wattage psu. Also, when it was delivered it was not asked that i sign for it, it was just left in front of the door, so make sure you are at home when it is to be delivered.

Do any of you have any experenice with a thermaltake 480watt butterfly psu? waiting for it to be delivered.
    Also my mobo is only 4x agp, what effect will this have on games, i.e. will it affect the resolution or the amount of detail or what? maybe i should post this is in computers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There is only a very small performance difference between AGP4x and 8x. That thermaltake PSU is good too.

Advertisement