Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Simple Question (I hope)

Options
  • 09-07-2004 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a very simple set up

sony tv with several scart sockets
    sony video / dvd combo
    ntl digital box

I wanna know what would be the best way to set this up (I know duhh).

Do people usually watch NTL Digital through their VCR so they can record easily?

So connect the digital box to the vcr with scart and and the vcr to the tv with scart?

Thanks for any help u fellas can give me ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

AFAIK, the NTL box has 2 scarts - 1 for TV and one for VCR. If this is the case, you need 3 scart leads. 1 goes from VCR socket on NTL box to AV2 on your combo unit. The other two scarts go from the NTL box and DVD direct into the TV. If your TV has an RGB scart input, make sure to connect the DVD to that socket and turn on RGB output from the DVD setup menu.

If you've only one scart, I would loop it through the combi unit as you described, if you plan on recording NTL. If not, just connect both directly to the TV without looping.

Hope this helps,

Robbie

Advertisement