Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retriving cd-key

Options
  • 09-07-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I have battlefield:v installed (legit copy before ya ask) but the thing is i lost me cd-key. And before ya go on about flamin me for askin for one, i'm not.

I want to uninstall it (as want to install UT) but was just wondering it there was any way to retrive the cd-key before i do so i.e is it stored in a certain file in the folder and if so where?

Thanx for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It should be loacted in the registry somewhere. Not exactly sure where though and im nt gonna go checking as im about to go out.

You will need to contact EA Tech Support in order to retrive a new CD key. You will need to show proof that you do indeed own the game etc. I dont have the link handy atm but you can find it on the EA Support site.

And how did you loose your CD key? You would need to have lost the whole manual and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thanx, will check through the registry for it.

When moving back home from collage, lost a box which contained mostly manuals (for pc and ps2) and some cd-cases but only relised BF:V was gone, when i went to check for the key.

If i uninstalled it would the code be still stored in the registry i.e if i went to install it again battlefield would remember the cd key or do i have to input it each time i install it

Thanx for taking time to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You need the CD Key each time you install the game.
    I do not have a manual or I have lost my manual

f you have recently bought one of our titles, and there is no manual in the case, please return it to the shop where you purchased the title from and they will be happy to provide you with a manual. This is the case for all materials that are missing from your game upon purchase.

If your game is a PC title, and you own the 'Classics' version of the game, then you will be able to find the manual in electronic format on the CD itself. The manual file will be in a folder called 'docs' or 'manuals'. Choose the applicable language folder and then you will be able to open the file using a program called 'Adobe Acrobat Reader'. This program is also included on the CD if you do not have it installed on your PC already.

If you have lost your manual, you will need to get it replaced by us as per the warranty in the back of the aforementioned manual. Please send your receipt as proof of purchase and the relevant fee for the manual, to this address. (a list of fees follows the address)

Electronic Arts Ltd
    Customer Support
    2000 Hillswood Drive
    Chertsey
    Surrey
    KT16 0EU

The fees are as follows:

PC £3.00
    PSX £3.00
    PS2 £3.00
    X-Box £3.00
    Game Cube £3.00

Please do not send cash through the post as we can not accept this, and it may go missing whilst in transit. Please send either a cheque or a postal order for the relevant fee.

If you need any further clarification on what you need to do or send, please contact us via the ASK EA section of our website.

I hope this helps

From EA UK/Ireland Support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

thanx for the info & info Winters

it alright though as i found it in the registry

it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\ergc is case ya were wondering.

at least if i reinstall it i can now join ye in navan

Advertisement