Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NewsGroups

• 09-07-2004 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I want to connect to newsgroups via outlook express, I tried news.iol.ie, but it wont connect, I need a diff adress for Eircom or any newsgroups ? Some new adresses please anyone ?Ps I have newer subscribed to newsgroups before so the above Q may be "Vague" Somebody might know what I mean ! ! Thanks Mark.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by MarinoMark
    I want to connect to newsgroups via outlook express, I tried news.iol.ie, but it wont connect, I need a diff adress for Eircom or any newsgroups ? Some new adresses please anyone ?Ps I have newer subscribed to newsgroups before so the above Q may be "Vague" Somebody might know what I mean ! ! Thanks Mark.

Who is your internet provider? As far as I know you can only subscribe to the newgroup of your internet provider. (i.e if you are on iol you cant use eircom's and vice versa)

However if you go to www.news.individual.net you can register there and they will send you a password in a day or two and you can use their news service (via outlook express) no matter which internet provider you are with. A lot of UTV customers use this service as UTV do not provide a full news server.

Advertisement