Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a gary doyle order

Options
  • 09-07-2004 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

its a legal term ,in court
    anyone know what it is can't find an explanation of it anywhere althought it been explained to me before, can't remeber

i have no idea where you'd post such a question so i cheat and put it here.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its where you can get a copy of any documents relating to a prosecution against you. For example if you were arrested you could see a copy of your statement or the garda's statements or details of the case.

Normally solicitors ask for these but if you want to represent yourself you too are able to ask for one. As far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

linkies

Note that the right to see documentation doesn't necessarily apply to summary cases. Susan Denham gave the majority ruling on this (the Doyle case is from 1994 if you want to look it up) but for some reason she isn't quoted in the link above at all. Either way she said that in practice, full disclosure has been the norm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement