Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horror story (and sad)

Options
  • 09-07-2004 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hello, here is my sad story about my favourite piercing. lots of sympathy please, im still getting over the loss.

it started early may, i wanted a new unusual piercing. i decided on an anti eyebrow or a medusa (i think), which is a surface piercing in the holey bit at the bottom of the front part of the neck.

ANYway i rethought and ended up getting a surface piercing in my chest, just above my breasts. paddy in bodyshock warned me it probably wouldnt hang about that long. anyway it was beautiful. barely hurt getting it done. i loved it so much, but it took a very long time to even be a little more comfortable. my nape piercing was much more settled after a couple of days, but i could barely move (let alone sleep properly) with this one.

my breasts were always being moved around, from wearing a bra to not wearing a bra to wearing a bray again, so the skin around my perfect piercing was always moving and never stayed still, unlike a nape piercing.

as time went on it got worse, got much redder and much more tender. i was probably over cleaning it such was my need to have this piercing. gunk was coming out of it 24/7, it was a mess. one morning a couple of weeks ago i woke up to find my chest covered in blood. the ball on one end of the piercing appeared to have gone missing, so i looked for it (i was HUGELY panicked) .

unable to find it, i cleaned the area and discovered that one side of the piercing (the side i thought had lost its ball) had dissapeared ball an all, inside the piercing.

i ran around like a headless chicken for a while, imagining having to go to hosp and get it surgically removed etc etc etc crazy thoughts. in the end i calmed down and popped it through myself ,and it felt fine, no pain or anything.

i legged it straight to paddy in bodyshock who cleaned it up and gave me some stuff for it, and said it'd be fine, which is was, for about three weeks, then it got sick again, even though i was taking such good care of it .

it ended up going purple, and hurting constantly. i went back to bodyshock, paddy wasnt there but yer wan behind the counter said to take it out. didnt trust her,(isnt a piercer) so went to celestial ring who also said to take it out. i think i knew i had to, but i was just clinging to the dream.

anyway yesterday i took it out. i am in bits. biggest scar in the world on my chest now. i might get a vertical one in a couple of months. it wudnt get squished by my boobs at least.

anyway, children, think before u pierce, and listen to the piercer when they tell u it wont last long and will be a handful.

sigh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

sorry to hear that, exact same thing happened to my nape 2weeks ago, ball went missing, didnt freak out just popped it out and went to get it looked at, changed the bar to a long staple[ avoid this is you can sorest thing EVER] and im on hydrogen peroxide atm[cleaning it] and its healing fine, the hole of the ball that went missing is still big, but it calming down to its normal 1.6 again, and then in a month or 2 ill have to get it changed again to a smaller bar [again avoid this if possible] thats gonna be sore, but sorry to hear of your loss, i was 1% of taking it out the day i got the bar changed, every1 told me to[piercer,tattooist] n such but i said ill leave it 2days if it hasnt healed with the peroxide ill take it out, looking much better now, now my tongue is the process of healing :/ so im all pain these days,
    after that heals hopefully ill be healing from a "pocketing navel piercing".

anyways sorry to hear that, and for rambling :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Silent grape - If it was really as brutal and bloody as you describe, i'm amazed you were told to keep it in by a piercer...personally i'd have taken it out and got it done again when it had healed, perhaps with a bar this time.

Krispie - Who told you to put peroxide on your skin??? That's really *not* a good idea! It irritates the hell out of your skin and kills all the healthy bacteria on your skin. In short - STOP USING PEROXIDE! All you need is a saline solution to clean it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

it was done with a bar...

also once i popped the ball out again it calmed down considerably and looked perfectly happy. also it didnt hurt, which was wierd seeing it had just had a ball being shoved about inside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

diluted peroxide, sorry should have made that clearer and it healed the skin very very well, piercist told me to use this as it was too much and infected for saline to do its work:/

krisp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Natures way of saying noooooooo, methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Krispie
    diluted peroxide, sorry should have made that clearer and it healed the skin very very well, piercist told me to use this as it was too much and infected for saline to do its work:/

krisp

If it was infected you should have gotten antibiotics - Personally I don't agree with putting peroxide on an open wound. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I lost the rings in my left helix last night. They suddenly got very sore so I went to look at them. They were very red and swollen. They were swollen to the point where the ring couldn't be taken out properly, they had to be cut out. When they heal I'll get it redone, only lower on my ear this time, not in the cartilage. At the moment I'm cleaning it with a diluted fusidic acid. :( I liked my damn piercings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xcutiexamberx

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about that :( ..I have a bad piercing story too..I really wanted my tongue pierced so i picked up the corage to go and get it done...A girl went in before me & came out and she was fine so that made me feel OK.

I go in and the piercer made me feel relaxed & i closed my eyes through the whole thing..he puts the bar through & tells me to go & wash my mouth out & i noticed sooo much blood coming out..He said he must of gone through a *BLOOD VESSEL* .. & he said that was 'Normal'
    Hmmm well i accepted it & me & my friend went and got some ice..2 hours later it was still bleeding & she rang the man up again.. & he told her that ' i was probably seeing the salava mixin with the blood & that was making it look like more blood' ..
    So it gets to about 9pm & my mouth is still flowing with blood .. i start gettin worried so my friend comes round to check for her self..she told me that ain't right so she rings up the NS helpline & spoke to a nurse...the nurse told me to take it out & put pressure on the wound..i did that for about half an hour & the bleeding finally stopped.
    Afterwards i felt lightheaded & nearly fainted due to some of the blood i lost.

All i'm trying to say is be wary..the man didn't even check to see my veins in my tongue so i could of come out alot worse!

Thanks x

Advertisement