Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw @ 1am?

• 09-07-2004 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Your and only oppertunity to see Raw this week is 1am on Sky Sports2 tonight. The only i reason i have sky sports is for wrestling and I am sure there are more people like me. Sky need to prioritise or they can kiss godbye to my €20 a month. I think they should show it at 9 again at 1 and again some time juring the week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I agree that SKY should have a fixed time and channel for RAW.

It does look like they are going to do so, as they ahve big plans for "UK expansion"

World Wresting Entertainment® Launches
    Major Brand Initiative For The UK

Year-Long Brand Push to Feature Production of Television Shows from UK, Increased Superstar Appearances, Advertising and Promotional Programs,
    As First Stage of Global Expansion Plan

LONDON, England, July 7, 2004 – In recognition of the passion of UK fans and business partners, World Wrestling Entertainment today said it will extend its brand presence significantly in the United Kingdom over the next year as part of a major global expansion initiative.

Building upon WWE’s successful UK TV and Live Event presence, the WWE brand initiative will introduce UK-based television production, additional live events, promotional programs, licensed product launches, and on-the-ground appearances from the larger-than-life WWE superstars.

Spearheading this initiative, the WWE will produce its two flagship television programs, Monday Night RAW and WWE SmackDown!, from the UK in front of sell-out crowds at the Manchester Evening News Arena in October 2004. This is first time ever that the two shows have been produced outside of North America.

Campaigns involving WWE commercial partners, including promotions, competitions, in-store appearances, school visits and new product launches featuring the WWE Superstars, are already in the planning stage. These are part of the UK-specific branding operation that will see a significant increase in presence for WWE licensees, retailers, promotional and media partners.

“Our fans in the UK are incredible, and their loyalty, combined with the exceptional retail and licensing programs we have in the UK, is a linchpin to our strategy to expand WWE’s global presence,” said Shane McMahon, WWE’s Executive Vice President, Global Media. “Our UK initiative is groundbreaking for us, our business partners, and our fans. It will develop the model we plan to use in other countries as we further implement our global expansion strategy.”

Leading up to the RAW and SmackDown! televised events in October, the WWE Superstars will perform to sold-out crowds in Belfast, Sheffield, Nottingham and London as part of a unique “double header” WWE European tour where UK fans nationwide will be invited to be part of WWE history.

In April 2005, the WWE plans to return to the UK to produce again Monday Night RAW and WWE SmackDown!, triggering a second phase of promotions, sweepstakes and Superstar appearances

In support of this initiative, WWE is undertaking a UK-specific ad campaign that will result in greater awareness for the brand. Licensees, retailers, promotional and media partners will all focus their WWE efforts around the same brand message and as a result of these synergies, there will be a significant increase in activities developed for their consumers.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.
    -30-

UK Media Contact: Richard Dennis, RDA, + 44 (0) 207 376 3292

U. S. Media Contact: Gary Davis, 203-353-5066, gary.davis@wwecorp.com

Investor contact: Michele Goldstein, 203-352-8642, Michele.goldstein@wwecorp.com

Trademarks: The names of all World Wrestling Entertainment televised and live programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment logos are trademarks which are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company’s brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated.

Credit: Top-Rope.com

If true, it looks great. We may even get a few more events over here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by oneofakind32
    Your and only oppertunity to see Raw this week is 1am on Sky Sports2 tonight. The only i reason i have sky sports is for wrestling and I am sure there are more people like me. Sky need to prioritise or they can kiss godbye to my €20 a month. I think they should show it at 9 again at 1 and again some time juring the week.

Emm not true im afraid, RAW was on at 9pm on Sky sports Extra

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

ya well us NTL folk dont get sky sports extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

That's not Skys fault blame NTL

It is because sky keep skysports extra exclusive to sky digital

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bollocks

Sky Sports Xtra is available on NTL and Telewest in the UK and is it not also available on Chorus Digital in this country?

blame NTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I for one enjoyed watching Poker Million....Donnocha O'Dea is a legend!...I had the option of watching at 9..but couldn't because I was working...it also wasn't on at 1am because the poker ran over so gammy Aussie Rules was on there fore I missed Wrestling this week an occurance which rarely happens...I usually at least see Raw or Smackdown but didn't.

If your pissed about it imagine how American viewers feel when Democratcic Conventions and mean nothing babeball games replace Smackdown frequently in regions of America. They don't get a repeat...they have to watch Afterburn or Bottom Line on Saturday mornings or Velocity on Saturday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Magnolia_Fan
    I for one enjoyed watching Poker Million....Donnocha O'Dea is a legend!...I had the option of watching at 9..but couldn't because I was working...it also wasn't on at 1am because the poker ran over so gammy Aussie Rules was on there fore I missed Wrestling this week an occurance which rarely happens...I usually at least see Raw or Smackdown but didn't.

If your pissed about it imagine how American viewers feel when Democratcic Conventions and mean nothing babeball games replace Smackdown frequently in regions of America. They don't get a repeat...they have to watch Afterburn or Bottom Line on Saturday mornings or Velocity on Saturday night

surely watching nothing at all is better than watching smackdown lately?

J

I thought Smackdown was good for the first time in 6 months last saterday. There was an awsome 6 man cruiser weight tag match. Kidman and Londan bet the Dudleys for the belts. Good RVD V Mark Jindrack match. JBL is getting better. Cena was stipped of the US tital after asolting Angle. Cage match and Paul Heyman impending creaming by the Undertaker means ill be watching next week

Mark Jindrack is a second rate Lex Luger..Reflection of Perfection!..so blatant himself and Mordecai suck!....recycled garbage!...bring back Chavo Classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Chavo Classic was let go, due to his constant tardiness.

Mordecai has been sent back to OVW to groom himself a bit better. Some reckon that while Kevin Fertig has a future with wwe, his Mordecai gimmick may not.

Jindrak is a big star in the making.

I know he is actually a great wrestler, I wouldn't fault his wrestling at all I'd fault the fact that he came in without a gimmick and was dull and badly needed a gimmick but giving him Lex Lugers Gimmick is lower than low...it wasn't good when Luger did it for crying out flaben!

Advertisement