Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IWW Mount Temple Report includes spoilers

• 10-07-2004 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

have to say i was at that with a m8 and well it was a good night, i enjoyed it anyway, but i swear the crowd acted as i they were at a tennis match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭burningspirit

dude.... I actually weigh more than 350.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Danny Demento

Next was the WORST bit of the evening...I have never been more embaressed to watch sports entertainment than this moment in time. I'm going to get fairly critical from this point on....

First off it was a comedy match, and it was funny. Secondly show some respect Frank Casey (The guy is a legend).
    What annoyed me in this respect is that the show purported to be quite serious. In the build up no-one would say anything about training because of kayfabe and whatever and then I was greeted with this garbage.

Just because there is a comedy match on the card doesn't mean we would break Kayfabe.:rolleyes:
    I walked past CJ Summers at the end who actually expected someone to pay €5 for his autograph...that'd mean Hanza's is now worth €50.

CJ Summers worked his ass off tonight and will do in Carlow too. He is a great athlete and his autograph is worth well more than €5. Also, GET YOUR TONGUE OUT OF DANS ASS! His match was good but come on you'd swear you were his ****ing mother.
    Next up was some guy from Cavan versus some random. Didn't think much of the match except for when they pulled a spot where they disappeared out the back. I was annoyed because I was like what's the point of going out back where no-one could see...and then the guy from Cavan came back with a toilet seat over his head selling that he'd just gotten a flushie.

Cannibal was the "Random". Daragh was the guy from Cavan. The whole point is that you couldn't see the flushie and so it would get a reaction when the came back into the arena.It got the pop they were after so it worked very well.
    Cue stupid promo from the girl in IWW. Sorry lads but what was the point with the promos? I take it that this is being aired on TV or somehing later because I seriously didn't care and didn't feel it built towards the match.

Yes the event is to be aired on tv. "Stupid promo"? The promo was very well delivered. And got her over + 100 in her match, therefore NOT stupid.
    Think next up after the break was another poster on these borads, si_rochie versus someone whose name I can't remember. I swear it sounded like the announcer called si_rochie ryan rhodes at the start and then something different at the end. It was a good enough match but some of the same spots from before and a slightly messed up finish. Si over

si_rochie is Simon Rochford, the owner of IWW and he was not wrestling. "The Friday Night Kid" Brian Roche was wrestling against Mark.
    But seriously cut out the crappy gimmicks and fine tune the product if IWW are going to be taken seriously

WWE anyone?
    In summary maybe they did the show too soon.

All the trainees put out a solid performance and did IWW proud.

In summary:

1)Stop being so critical when you don't really know what your even talking about and are to busy trying to get in Dan's pants.

2) Your spelling sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Danny... one word... STOP! I dont want to have to close the IWW Spoilers thread! But I will if I need to.

Its called constructive critism. Get used to it man. Everyone one is gonna get it. Wrestling isnt exactly a friendly buisness...

Simaras, thanks for the praise and glad you liked the show, point taken on the swanton ;) said to me a bit. Duely noted...

Hope the show was worth everyones 11euro. We really busted our ass for the last 4/5 months to bring you that show, and soon enough, please god.... There will ber more!

Hanza/Red Vinny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

brilliant show, . first match was excellent, great opener despite already noticing how unstable the ring looked, next was Hanza's match, smiaras is right tho, Red Vinny was man of the night pulling off a totally convincing professional match, his entrance was great, the match was excellent throughout and he did IWW proud. I enjoyed the 3rd match also cant remember the guys names tho. I enjoyed the gimmich match surprisingly... i thought max looked kool and was funny while the mummy was ridicolous but seriously even that match is better than some of the crap we see on smackdown these days. Dave Zero vs Alex was quite a good match, I think Alex has alot of potential, she really looked the part and she was the only member of iww to show that she had some sort of mic skills, i enjoyed the promo earlier on. The last match was the match of the night but that was to be expected with with all members wrestling professionally for years, unfortunately my digitalcamera battery had run out by this stage and I missed many fantastic opportunities for some great photos.

Overall i really enjoyed the show, well worth the 11euro, the whole event was fast paced which i really liked, sure the sound could of being better. Hopefully we'll see another IWW show in Dublin in a few more months and see how all the wrestlers will progress in that time. well done lads.

What are the pics like Gonzo. Mail them to me and I will post some here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

just wanted to say hanza, you really were the best thing outside of the main event, solid work throughout the entire match and really liked your look. thought u were head and shoulders above the others. the only pity is that it wasnt against a smaller, more suitable opponent (as smiaras said the guy u were working seemed to blow up 1/2 way through).

would have loved to see you in a cruiser match against blake (maybe with him in a mask or something if he was working the main event too?).

i shared a couple of smiaras small criticisms re: the weights/origins, but thats a nothing tbh. the ring didnt seem great and 1 or 2 guys looked like the mightve hurt themselves at points.

big thumbs up for the main event too, good 3way. the canadian guy was fantastic. id never seen blake before and he really reminded me of spike dudley. was funny when doug williams was knocked to the outside and was sitting looking at the match, then turned around to see us looking at him and remembered to start selling his head bump :D his flying knee was fantastic.

overall it was a decent show, but being honest their were some poor matches.

Maybe there where some poor matches, and we all need work... but dont forget... we where all making our debuts.

absolutely. point taken,

if i could just make one more criticism (i dont want to be too negative) it kind of felt like the same sequences were being used in every match, which kind of made it feel like you had already seen some of the matches before.

• Advertisement

sssshhhh.... people werent supposed to pick up on that.

Originally posted by smiaras
    Ohhh surprise surprise personal attacks from Danny Demento. Looks like your posting style from IWW remains intact, again like I said at the start of the thread let's not trn this into a slagging match.

The attack's weren't personal and re-reading my post I over-reacted.My apologises smiaras, I was just defending my IWW Lock-Up buddys.:ninja:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some images from last nights show (unfortunately my digicamera powered out so couldnt get many photos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

No, you're not dreaming, there's very few times i do this so...

I was there, as i said i would be at Mount Temple along with the rest of the lads.
    Lets get some things straight, other than Danny Demento's personal attacks because he can't handle constructive criticism.

1) The ring, it was worrying! I generally thought it was going to collapse. By the third match i could see the rope under the ring start to wear down in a bad way (I was over on the right hand side of the entrance, second row behind the NWA-Ireland guys (the ones who stuck around for Blake Norton's speech at the end ;) ), i was expecting it to cave in. Thankfully it didn't, but i was genuinely worried for the safety for everyone in that ring. It's something to invest in :)

2) Red Vinny, aka Hanza. I came in there with an open mind, and to be fair, and i know we've had differences of opinion, but i'm with Paddy on this one, of all the up and coming talent on that card, you stood out. Hope the back isn't too much in bad shape after the swanton bomb, looked painful. You were probably in better shape then the rest of the undercard, just lay off the make up a bit tho man ;) Keep it up though man, and it's not sarcasm. :)

3) The main event. It was good, although i can't help but wonder if Doug Williams' physique is going the way of Cripple H? He also appeared to be a bit lazy during the match, whereas Blake Norton and the Canadian Guy (sorry, i can't remember the name, we ended up in the pub afterwards and the rest was a blur) really gave it loads. That match alone was worth the entry.

The undercard wasn't great though, let's be real here. It's not the fault of the guys in there, a lot of them have only been training a short time, and i couldn't help but feel if they were put into a card too fast? And you can call Frank Casey a legend all you want, he had no business in that damn ring. He looked horrible, and the cringe on everyone on our side of the ring as talcam powder came flying out of each chop. If you're a legend, you remain one and keep your dignity, not pull this crap out.

In the end, i can't really rate it without being unfair, because a lot of the guys have only been wrestling a short time. Maybe a little more work before the next show. Yes, the show did draw a decent crowd, but how many of the tickets were comps and NWA-Ireland lads? Kudos for Blake for throwing a shout out to the lads (unfortunatley half of them weren't expecting it and had left the building for a long trip back to Bray).

I'd actually check them out again, but not for a while. I couldn't help but feel there was a rush to get the IWW name back out in the open again, and the show reeked of it. The ring was a definite no-no though, and you can justify that all you want. As i said before, definitely something to invest in! :)

IWW have worked hard enough to come back from the brink over the last while, and i have a lot of respect for that. However can you gag Danny Demento? On *thatudderboard* we've had the likes of NoLimits, Max Cashera and Si Rochie sign up and had some really good discussions with them, then you have Danny who makes a complete ass of himself and is really an embarrassment as an IWW representitive.

Oh yeah, cheers to everyone who came to the pub afterwards :)
    Take care guys, will probably post again after the next IWW show i'm at :)

Nero

Cheers Nero, and like we said before, all the hard feelings are long buried. We all should be united over our love of wrestling. Not bickering. I think those days are deffinatly over... :D

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    IWW have worked hard enough to come back from the brink over the last while, and i have a lot of respect for that. However can you gag Danny Demento? On *thatudderboard* we've had the likes of NoLimits, Max Cashera and Si Rochie sign up and had some really good discussions with them, then you have Danny who makes a complete ass of himself and is really an embarrassment as an IWW representitive.

Point taken. I wrote that first post "in the heat of the moment" as it were, because everyone worked there ass off for that show. I apologised above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

Colm's in the HHHOUUSSSEEE!
    Well I said I support Irish Wrestling and that I would be there and I was. I have sivved through hours of NWA Irelands footage time and time again so I knew what to expect last night. I was nicely surprised to see so many guys giving their all by pulling off good spots. I was also expecting the guys to stick to the basics and they did.

Only 3 things got to me and I hope yous see them as fair:

1) The Ring was way to dangerious but thankfully held out

2) When hitting the ropes only the girl put her arm over the top rope when she hit them. I cringed every time someone hit the ropes because I thought they could slip under it to the outside.

3) The suplex the guys were grabbing the tights to yank up. If those tights ripp yous will have an unplanned brain buster and possibly kill someone.

Besides those 3 things I enjoyed the show and Gonzo De Mondo seemed to be well into it.

Finally a big up to Blake for giving a shout out to NWA Ireland. Unfortunatly some of the guys left straight after the match but when they were getting in the cars I told them what he said and they thought it was cool

Support Irish Wrestling
    Look forward to the next Dublin Show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

so whens it goung to be on twc:cool: i was there good show bit of a laugh, first match was crap with the mexican guy funny when the girl told him to go home

oh yea forgot to say i marked out when hanza skinned the cat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FridayNightKid

I'm the friday night kid :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

wat do u mean

Originally posted by dogz
    wat do u mean

That he is "The Friday Night Kid" of course.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    oh yea forgot to say i marked out when hanza skinned the cat. :D
    I loved that spot... I remember that pop... Once you are in the ring, you go blank... but i totally rerember that. Loved it...

Advertisement