Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

settings for outlook express

Options
  • 10-07-2004 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

What are the settings for eicom pop3, incoming server,outgoing etc smpt ? Anyone ? Thanks mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Both are mail2.eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am using 'mail1.eircom.net' for all

Works fine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

mail1.eircom.net for freebies, mail2.eircom.net for the rest (or is it the other ay round?) according to eircom tech assistance

funny you shopuld ask that because I have a few eircom accounts, i set them up years ago, I tried to add more recently but wouldnt work, i copied settings exactly:confused:

I edited the settings on another and then changed them back as a kind of test, now it wont work, im really stumpted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Thanks all working fine now, I have posted a Q re newsgroups, still a bit stuck on that..Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'news.eircom.net' is for getting newsgroups on Eircom anyways.

One thing i'd really wanna stress when using newsgroups with Outlook Express (or any other e-mail / news client) - NEVER EVER use your own e-mail address!! You will be bombarded with SPAM! I recommend editing your e-mail address - such as johnsmithSPAM@eircom.net and put a message such as 'remove SPAM in e-mail address to reply!'

• Advertisement
Advertisement