Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first mtt win

Options
  • 10-07-2004 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Well, I'm not sure how but I finally managed to win an MTT against 600 other entrants. It was a raked hand req freeroll on prima only 1k and $250 for top but not too bad. Was just having good luck getting dealt pocket high pairs very often and winning the pots with them.

I finished 3rd once before which was a bit more spectacular, I was hungry when the roll started so I went all in on my first hand, doubled up and headed off for some food. Came back in 30 minutes and I was on 1.2k with 166 players remaining. Doubled up on KK, then doubled up again on AQo and I was in the money then (top 80). After that I hit a flush and trips.
    At the final table I was short stacked to hell. I had 4k (not even enough for bb) left against 9 players with 50k-200k someone mocking me telling me to go all in already. Picked up jacks moved in stack leader raised his stack all in, no one calls, he was on AQ which didn't hit.
    Doubled up again on snowmen 88 and managed to get to 100k when there were only 3 remaining, up against 200 2xx ish stacks I sort of misplayed AJo, raised it for half of my stack (should've gone all in to steal limps correctly) K9s calls me, he wouldn't have if i went all in (he told me himself)... 9 low low rainbow flop I move in thinking my A was good and I was commited anyway, he calls, turn is a Jack... and the river? yea you guessed it. he takes two pair and im out to pickup 3rd $85. Not too shabby for 3-4h of play I guess. Although I average $20 an hour on 1/2 7 stud hi/lo atm. Just need to revise my holdem NL play a bit before I get back into it. Was playing 6 handed NL but didn't earn as fast as I'd like to, and felt weak at times. I'm not a great fan of limit holdem but when I hit a 1200 bankroll I think I'll give the 2/4 limit ring games a chance.

Comments

Advertisement