Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS feed

• 10-07-2004 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Could someone create an RSS news feed for my website www.techboards.net for me to use for the various RSS readers.

Thanks,
    Denis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

I'd be interested in putting something together, but more info is needed, and unfortunately I aint planning on doing it for nowt.

PM me with more info and we'll talk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Are you joking Zaltais, i found the code and put it together myself. lol paid for doing something so small.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by sci0x
    Are you joking Zaltais, i found the code and put it together myself. lol paid for doing something so small.
    Well then why did you ask in the first place???

Originally posted by kbannon
    Well then why did you ask in the first place???

Exactly.You expect some gimp to do the dog work for you, for absolutely nothing, when you're obviously perfectly capable of doing it yourself?

Charming...

No actually, when you offered to help but required payment for your help i asked at another forum who helped me in seconds. They showed me how to create my own feed quickly and easily and guess what, for absolutely free.

• Advertisement

Yes, but you didn't ask for help. You asked for someone to do it for you.

If you'd asked for help you might have got a lot from here, from myself included, but you didn't, you asked for
    someone [to] create an RSS news feed for my website

not
    I want to create an RSS news feed for my website, can someone help?

Which may have yeilded a different result. However, I'm glad you got what you wanted, and if nothing else you learned how to create an RSS feed for your site. Maybe next time someone wants someone else to do the dog work for them, you'll volunteer your time for free.

I see your point Zaltais. Sorry for being an ignorant prick.

Advertisement