Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty

Options
  • 10-07-2004 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Is this game any good online or should i get Joint Operations instead as it hold 150 players!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I have both and i hardly ever play joint opz.

Call of duty is lots of fun online if ya find a good server (lots of them around)
    Also COD has a excellent single plyer story mode (stalingrad has to been seen to be believed) while joint opz has only a training or playing with bots on lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Loads of ppl playing COD now

Try Heat of battle , its a mod and good fun the relys on team work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I always though CoD was a steaming pile of poo, alas alot of people like it, I would go for Joint Ops myself, as IMO its a far more fun game and some really epic battles if you get a large server where people actually know where to go (you would be shocked how many people havent found the minimap yet....).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I love COD, the online play is great. If your 56k, jolt have 2 servers that are 56k only, so ur catered for. I am currently enjoying RapInG people with the Kar98 (such a damn fine weapon)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

look cod is one of the best games which i play online i think its better tha ut2004 and bf1942

they have class mods like heat of battle & revolt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Pugsley
    I always though CoD was a steaming pile of poo

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Originally posted by balkieb2002
    I have both and i hardly ever play joint opz.

Call of duty is lots of fun online if ya find a good server (lots of them around)
    Also COD has a excellent single plyer story mode (stalingrad has to been seen to be believed) while joint opz has only a training or playing with bots on lan.

have to agree stalingrad in COD is a graphical master piece

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anybody have bother starting COD. I can only get it started when i first boot up my PC. After that it refuses to boot up and all i get is a black screen and nothing else.

I have all the latest patches including the one where it wouldn't detect the CD in the drive correctly.

Is got me driven mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I've had alot of trouble getting the game to run as well. It worked fine until the 2nd patch came out and now I can't get it to run at all. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling numerous times. I guess I'll just wait till my next reformat.

I really enjoyed the game online. I put in a good 40 or 50 hours I'd say. It's not quite the same standard as Day of Defeat but is a pretty good game in its own right. I'd love to try the mods too but can't due to aforementioned installation problem.

Advertisement