Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far cry - what game next?

Options
  • 10-07-2004 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I am 2/3rds of the way through far cry. I should finish it in another week or two.
    I am looking for suggestions as to what to get next.

I think Far Cry is the best game I have played in ages, and can't seem to find anything to match it.

I currently have: Beyond Good and Evil (good but easy)
    GTA Vice City (OK but the whole concept doesnt really appeal to me).
    I have played the demos of Painkiller (nice graphics but too basic)
    and Call of Duty (good enough but very linear). I have also played Unreal (OK but bit too fast and furious for me). As you can see I am fussy. I didnt really like Prince of Persia - nice graphics but a bit flat.

What else is worth getting? And are there any good mods/new maps for Far Cry?

I am leaning towards Splinter Cell 2, and Half Life 2 looks like it will be good when it comes out. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.fpscentral.com go to the farcry section

You very fussy i have no clue what to recomend to you :D

Anyone who didnt like Prince of P has somfin wrong with them :p

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

i've just started hitman contracts as well... maybe thats enough to keep me going until HL3 comes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Maybe you should get yourself an online game, one with the permutations decided completely by other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

maybe so. I have been outclassed in the ones I have played so far - UnrealTournament and WolfensteinEnemyTerritory, though ET was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

thief 3 you filthy taffer

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Try halo online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Play Far Cry online. Great fun and dont worry, there's a lot of ppl there thats new to the online game as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'd recommend Thief 3 - even though it has huge problems - I find it oddly addictive and enjoyable. By the way I agree with you on Prince of Persia I find it a bit dull and repetitive (I'm stuck somewhere at 50% - can't grab some pole before the ground collapses under me at the broken bridge).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I started Painkiller!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

or if u like football Pro Evolution 3 and Championship Manager 03/04

Advertisement