Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Esat Bt Offer

• 10-07-2004 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

What does everyone think of the new esat business special offer? 512k for e45 and 1m for e87. The only problem is that you have to sign up for a 2 year contract. I was about to buy the esat 512k before this came out, just wondering is there any difference between the 512 and 1m lines besides speed. Hopefully the pings on the 1m line are still very good. I want to use the service for games aswell as everything else so i would like very good ping times. Im guessing that interleaving is still set on low for the 1m line.

http://www.esatbt.com/ie/broadband/offer.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Robot
    I want to use the service for games aswell as everything else so i would like very good ping times. Im guessing that interleaving is still set on low for the 1m line.

no interleaving on esat business, pings of 10 to games2.iol.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bit odd that the upstream is the same on all of them.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

ooooh was wonderin when they'd finally bring this out. 1mb for current price or 512 for half it. Dilema. I wonder

Was starting to consider getting rid of it for one of the resi offers but this changes everything. Now i gotta figure out wether i want 1mb at current prices or 512k for half. :D

(thanks for post btw)

EDIT: after reading the small print it seems to only be for new customers? Must contact me accounts manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Is there any reason a home user couldn't/shouldn't go for say the 512/256 package, given that it has no cap and static IP address(es?)? My year with with Eircom is nearly up, would this be the way to go hmmm?

Those prices including VAT?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm just wonderin, after having my business package with EsatBT for more than a year can I ask them to upgrade my line instead of having to fork out €90p.m. for something that people can get for half price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 benz

NTL give a 1Mb line for €50 and this is being increased to 1.5Mb at the end of next month. Its practically a static IP and it has a 1GB a day cap on your downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭kensutz

any link to it Benz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 benz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

hey, i'm looking here at this esat business offer and whe n I clik this link it says that dsl is not available in my area but when i click this link on the iol broadband site it says that my line is. Are they 2 totally different things business and iol broadband?? Also can anyone tell me the difference between iol broadband and iol broadband plu?? Thanks for any help

Firstly those prices are exclusive VAT.

Secondly, Esat Business is ADSL not RADSL which means the distance you can be from the exchange is much less.

Thirdly this product is only at 48 odd exchanges around the country. Your best bet is to ring them and find out the story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by strat
    no interleaving on esat business, pings of 10 to games2.iol.ie

Really? That would be great. Eircom's 1MB line pings about 50 to boards.ie. Get 100 when I play games on Uk server. Would be great if I cant get 1MB line that doesnt ping as bad.

Eircom 1mb has full interleaving , Esat Business gives me an average of 3ms to boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

TWO YEAR minimum contract? They can stick their offer! There was never a 2 year min contract on esat business before this offer!

True it wwas no minimal contract iirc. Still id be more than willing at the given time to pay 47+vat for 512k/256 uncapped with no interleaving.

Might regret it in 2 years tho but ive had no lasting problems with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

So do existing customers automatically get reduced?
    Or do you have to sign up for a new 2 year contract?

_____
    C

Advertisement