Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

happy days

• 10-07-2004 6:35pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tipp were too cocky. Thank God they were brought down to earth this afternoon in Killarney

Cork 2-19 Tipperary 1-16.

Hopefully now Kilkenny will see of Galway 2moro, as the way I see it, Galway are the only team that I as a Waterford man think can threaten us getting to the final.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I wouldnt be over confident against Wexford or Kilkenny ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Waterford, All Ireland final:confused::confused:

Waterford, All Ireland:confused:

The ladies doing well in the football are they then???

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Originally posted by Alany
    I wouldnt be over confident against Wexford or Kilkenny ..

I agree with you but all I am implying was in the league final against Galway, their forward line destroyed us and won the game for them. Now I know that waterford were brutal that day and wont be that bad again(well I hope not), but I just feel that with the pace that is within that Galway team we would not be able to contain them.

I feel that on our day we have the beating of Kilkenny and judging by Wexford's display against Offaly last weekend they did'nt look up to much. So I would'nt be to worried about them.

Watch this space, This could be the year for Waterford to Win the Holy Grail, and by there preformances so far this year who would begrudge them. Roll on 8th August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The one thing that Waterford have over many of the teams in the competition is alot of hunger and drive and determination which is the extra factor when playing alot of teams, against Tipperary and against Cork it was that hunger that got the vital scores in the last minutes of the game .

Waterford are of couse with their weakness the inability to finish off teams and their regularity of missing countless chances when thay should be striving ahead for a comanding lead is a cacuse for concern in the ranks and as now their into knock out propper all they need is one bad game and its another 2002 and a lot of questions.

As my beloved Tipperary gave such a heatless and weak performance on Saturday night I will be hoping for waterford to do the business for Munster in the all Ireland series at least there going the direct route and not the backarse way that is the qualifers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A bollix , Kilkenny have it won if they keep their performances anywhere near as good as that .

Waterford lack something in my opinion and beleive that something is the killer instinct to finnish off teams well before the games over on the clock , they showed it aginst a poor Clare side but aginst the better sides it just didnt seem to be there .

I wouldnt say Cork will be great , id put a lot of that win down to my poor Tipperary .

why the **** do they try and rise the ball when theres 3 corkmen pulling on it :mad: .

Im also ashamed and shocked at what Benny did .
    I knew some of our other players could pull across other players but not benny :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Originally posted by Big Ears

Im also ashamed and shocked at what Benny did .

What about John Caroll, he should have been off to(elbow on Ronan Curran should have been second yellow). I was surprised at Benny Dunne to, but expect stupidity like that from John Carroll.

I think that Tipp are lacking leaders in their team. Eoin Kelly is the only player who really performed on Saturday, and even he missed a few. The new lads in the half back line played reasonably well, but were blown away by the McCarthy's in the second half. After the draw it looks like a Cork Wexford semi final, which I would not be to worried about, I would rather that than having to play Kilkenny again after what happened yesterday!

As for Waterford if they come up against that Kilkenny team they will be lose and it could be a big score!

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    What about John Caroll, he should have been off to(elbow on Ronan Curran should have been second yellow). I was surprised at Benny Dunne to, but expect stupidity like that from John Carroll.

this was a post of mine from the Mullane thread :In fairness to John Carroll , he went to shoulder his man before he slipped(Curran that is) , even if he wanted to he couldnt have pulled out on that surface .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Curran did slip, but Carroll left his elbow in and not his shoulder

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    Curran did slip, but Carroll left his elbow in and not his shoulder

if uve anywhere to re-watch the game u will see he is on 1 knee when he is hit .

Advertisement