Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exe to load csv to mysql

Options
  • 10-07-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    i know this is probably a long shot, but ill try anyway.

i need to create an application (simple exe file) that when run will take a csv file an load it into a mysql database on my remote server.

Does anyone have any ideas how i might do that??

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭corkie

Is remote server apache based or other. Are you able to run CRON jobs on the server. Setting up the server to this automaticaly may be a better way of approcahing this?

Their may be utilies on the net that can do what your try to achieve with out the need to write your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

for reference flash studio pro is that utliity. However its pricy.

Does anyone know how to create an exe to open up a html page.
    I could create an exe that opens a php page that reads the csv off my pc and loads it into the db ? what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Ivan Dunaev

connect to database, parse csv and send data, what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have PHP, and you know it, then it should be possible to run on the machine.

Afaik, the PHP interpreter can be called from the command line, e.g. php myscript.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

I had a very similar thing to do for work last week and I found php extremely slow (although it was a large file) for file access. The script timed out cos it needed longer than the max_execution_time of 30 seconds. In the finish I wrote it instead in VB using the FileSystemObject and it worked out far better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

I have a habit of missing the point - but just want to make sure you know about

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/LOAD_DATA.html

which you could use in a .bat file or whatever to load whatever .csv file you want into mysql.

Advertisement