Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some one do this for me, im sh!te at it.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

not really, that ones grand... Put a wanted thread in the comp for sale section lookn for a 17" monitor. U never know. Could save u €50+... The weight of the monitor will hit u on shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Hey thanks for all this help,
    so you think I should go for this set up?
    Its all ok then?

Go for it, if u have the extra cash get this http://www.jes-computer.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=174_62&products_id=15973&osCsid=d142afe7a695a31eb6a5d24d0f796a5e

Well worth the extra €11.50, I have one on mine and on the low setting u cant hear it and on the high its only half as loud as the std cooler. Keeps the card allot cooler to incase u wanna oc it.

Have fun buildin the system, in a few months time you'll be tring to justify why u spend two hrs wiring the inside of ur pc to make it neater... God im sad:p

Damn after missing out on that Radeon Cooler. just proccessed the order there.

Not to worry that much though right? thats only really for ocing the gfx card, which i hadnt intended to do.

Anyways thanks loads, no doubt ill need ure help again very soon :P

/me adds unklerosoc to buddy list

Cheers m8,
    -Coz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The mobiles r the same only the run at a lower voltage, 1.7 it think compared to the dektops 2.3.

Pretty much right but the desktops run at 1.65v while the mobiles run at 1.45v .
    Netzteil LC Power 120mm 350W Passiv-PFC € 27,99

Personally would have recomended the Tagan 380w if your overclocking, the cheaper 120mm PSU's tend to adjust badly to there heat requirements and thus run fast and noisey. Better quality PSU's have bigger heatsinks and run hotter (so the fans run slower). Mabye even change that to a 550w?
    The one in the link isn't a mobile, i presume its one of the older xps. The older ones where unlocked

Actually i think its just a better stepping of the newer variety, ie people think its more lightly to hit Xp3200+ etc........ im pretty sure there still locked.
    Any other recomendations for Monitors?

Theres a cheap 17" monitor on jes i think, and the shipping doesent matter too much about weight so that wont be much of a factor.

• Advertisement

Damn loki, im after going with the 350 as of last night, I put through the order :(.. should it still be ok enough for an over clock?

the one u got 'll be fine for an overclock, u may want to upgrade it down the road as u change ur system.. I overclocked my 2500 on a 300w piece of crap ps...

Damn loki, im after going with the 350 as of last night, I put through the order .. should it still be ok enough for an over clock?

Its not the best PSU in the world as you should be able to tell by the cheap price . It should be better than the crap that comes with the cheaper cases but it doesent compare to some of the better brands.

That said the PSU will prob get you out, but your running a pretty high end GFX card and with overclocking thrown into the mix it might be dodgy...... who knows.
    Tastatur Logitech Deluxe OEM (KeyBoard) € 7,99

Umm thats a german keyb so the Q and Z are swapped (think its Q and Z) and there are a couple of slight differences.........

be dodgy

Like in what way.. does it blow up or something :/ ?

Whats the problem with having a 350w one when overclocking?
    Is it that it gets to hot or what?

Ok.........

You should ignore the ratings of most PSU's, especially the cheaper ones. There cheaper for a reason. Generally they produce far less power than there rated for, take Q-Tec's for example they have roughly 70% power output of what there rated for.......... so a 350w Qtec might produce 245w.
    - This can lead to restart problems
    - Cold booting problems

When you get cheap PSU's you will also notice that they are generally louder than well known brands like Antec. They tend to have smaller heatsinks so need to push more cold air through it to disapate the heat. If you compare the heat comming from a Cheap PSU to a decent brand name one, you will find the cheapo will have slightly warm air comming from it, where as the Brand name is pushing out very hot air but at a lower level - thus quieter.
    -Makes for a noisey machine

The other things about PSU's is there voltage rails. This is how close to the rated Voltage the PSU is actually producing. Ie the 12v Rail that powers CD drives etc........ the 12v Rail might be 11.8v actual.
    The cheaper the PSU the more the voltage rails variey from what there supposed to be producing. Generally this is ok as there are certain tollerences that wont bother your hardware. With cheaper ones they dont take as much care with the rails and they tend to be further from what there supposed to be (especially under load).
    - When voltage rails are out it can cause Ram errors
    - Random restarts can occur from bad rails
    - In extreme cases your motherboard / some components can be burned or blown

Nearlly all of this is in the Sticky and its good to read.........

The PSU you picked seems to be mabye a step up from the real cheapo versions, so you might be ok. I just dont know anything about the PSU TBH and id generally go with a name that is known to be reliable..........

• Advertisement

If u go to the review link on the psu in the jes website it gets good customer reviews... As a first psu it'll be grand. But as u add more HW n try going for a silent pc you'll prob want to change it.

"you will find the cheapo will have slightly warm air comming from it, where as the Brand name is pushing out very hot air but at a lower level - thus quieter."

I noticed the difference in this with my zalman, i could nearly heat the room with the air that comes out the back but its totally silent, my first psu just blew out slightly warm air n it was loud loud loud.

I see, well im not to worried if its loud, ive been living with a Dell p3 500 for the past 6 years thats pritty loud in comparison to the new pcs.

All im worried about is if it will give me the overclock I want to do on my xp2500, with out any problems. Should it do it allright?

Like i said thats just something i cant answer. Mabye it will mabye it wont, its an unknown brand to me might be good might be bad. The only way to find out is to get it and try it out.

If your lucky it might be a rebranded PSU made by a bigger company, who knows. Theres not much you can do either way now so just see how she fairs when you get it.

Allright so, thanks for the help, thanks to unklerosco also.

-Coz.

Advertisement