Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

throbbing gristle

Options
  • 10-07-2004 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

ok.. sorry for my lack of knowledge.. as im sure loads of people know these.. but what are your opinions on this band.. i just took a leap of faith the other day and bought the mutant cd.
    1 it was in the industrial section... + for me
    2 cover was all aesthetic an stuff... always a +
    3 it was a tenner... :cool:
    now its cool an all but not too much happenin on it for me... great to go to sleep to though...
    so im wonderin.. what is the rest of their stuff like? i know they go back ages... but i dont want to spend more money on them only for it to have gotten worse instead of better...
    or should they have been put in the industrial section at all????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Tbh ive never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

They're noted as inspiration for certain industrial bands - 16volt, marilyn manson (earlier work) and NIN to mention a few. I think Mr Genesis P-Orridge amd his gang sucked personally, but they always were "experimental music".

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Ah i've heard of that fellow through the book Lucifer Rising and Disinformation articles and books. He was a cultist or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Mmm... Hamburger Lady :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by hostyle
    Mr Genesis P-Orridge

Isn't he the bloke from Fetus?

Throbbing Gristle certainly sounded familiar, but I don't think I've actually heard their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

cheers for the posts.... looks like ill just have to go for it then... an hope... but if theyve inspired industrial bands then thats somethin... :) an yeah hambuger lady is quite cool... off to tower for me so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

sweet.. cheers for that :cool:

Advertisement