Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messenger other than MSN or Easy Messenger

Options
  • 10-07-2004 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a messanging software other than MSN and Easy Messager that works for AOL, Yahoo and MSN accounts and will also let you know when a new e-mail arrives in the Yahoo and MSN.

I have Easy Messager but doesn't work any longer for my Yahoo account.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

have you tried trillian? its kina like an all in one messenger prog

:D
    google it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I rather like Trillian (basic version is free and it'll connect to AOL/Yahoo/MSN) though I don't use IM all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

There is odigo as well, though I haven't used it in years and don't even know if it still exists.

I always prefered using seperate clients anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Gaim is free/open source and supports all the major IM protocols, yahoo!, MSN, Jabber, ICQ, IRC....

I read somewhere recently that Yahoo! have blocked access to 3rd party apps that had support for their protocol, but I dont know what the status is with this as I dont use Yahoo!

Gaim really is the business though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I agree with gaim it is also cross platform and let's you add smileys.
    It's also free (as in beer.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi all

thanks for your feedback, dowloaded Gaim and is just what I wanted, I can connect to Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, AOL and more , it does notify you of new mail in Hotmail.

I just have 1 small problem, when I get a the notification of new mail in Hotmail and I click on "Open Mial" I have to type in my password every time, even that I have in the prefernces to save password and selected the option "Sign me in automatically" in my browser does anyone have the same problem? if I type in my browser www.hotmail.com it does work and bring me to my Inbox

Any ideas why it doesn't save the password with Gaim?

Thanks again

Advertisement