Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There's a frood who knew where his towel was.

• 25-05-2001 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

It's probably a bit late for most of you to get notice of this, if you haven't already heard about it (it's been on the radio and stuff in the UK, but since I haven't seen it on the boards I presume it hasn't reached Ireland in any kind of major way), but tomorrow is the two-week anniversary of Douglas Adams' death. Fans of the man and his work around the world are marking the day by carrying around a towel for the day; something which H2G2 fans will understand, and the rest of the world will just stare at.

It's not disrespectful - the man was a comedic genius, and I'd like to think that somewhere, he's laughing his head off at all the eejits carrying around towels in his memory. It'd make a change for us to all make him laugh, right?

More details here: http://www.binaryfreedom.com/towelday/

If you're in work, I'm sure there's a towel you can nick from the bathroom and stick through your beltloops or something - just pick a clean one for gods sake! smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah I heard on the car radio and almost crashed. A very sad day indeed. So long and thanks for all the fish mate.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Scary - spotted a fair few folks in Waterloo Station this morning sporting towels, and a few more when I was out getting lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

I was all around Dublin city centre today and didn't see anybody else with a towel, shame on you Irish people. One guy did ask me why I was carrying it though, he was a security guard, and I was walking into a bank.

-Son of Blam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 OmegaDude

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son of Blam:

One guy did ask me why I was carrying it though, he was a security guard, and I was walking into a bank.

-Son of Blam
    </font>
    I walked around with my towel all day....and not one person asked, I mean how are you supposed to make a fool of yourself when people don't notice......Grrrr
    biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

i walked thru customs in Newark with my towel, they looked at me REAAAAL funny,
    i thought at one point they were getting some gloves ready so i hurried up smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement